• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSX games over WLAN?

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Is it actualy possible to play PSX games with 2 players over wlan?

I personally doubt it. There is no noticibl feature for wireless functionality seen when playing a PSX game (I'm guessing you're talking about the PSP).

But there might be, one of the other members may know something I don't.

Counterfeit

of course it is possible (tekken 3 can be emulated on pc and played over net -> psp has net + can emulate psx = positive results) we just need to find somebody with lot of free time and knowledge and force him to create such thing for us... and for free or some valueless service from us.. so.. the real question is... where we begin to search for our victim? (And for our cause keep in mind the 13. law of power: "When asking for help, appeal to self-interest, never to their gratitude")
so what is our next move?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
of course it is possible (tekken 3 can be emulated on pc and played over net -> psp has net + can emulate psx = positive results) we just need to find somebody with lot of free time and knowledge and force him to create such thing for us... and for free or some valueless service from us.. so.. the real question is... where we begin to search for our victim? (And for our cause keep in mind the 13. law of power: "When asking for help, appeal to self-interest, never to their gratitude")
so what is our next move?

i really doubt that it would be possible...i'm not 100% sure how much of the resources of the PSP are being used but to add in the wifi communications wouldn't do it any favours.also most playstation games were designed to be played with only one copy of the game so syncing the pops would be very tricky.... :\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't think it would be possible on the PSP. Although you may see network play with pops titles on the PS3.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
This may not be exactly what your looking for but I'd guess that if you were really desperate that the psx games might be playable over a usb cable via the top slot. I'd guess it would be using a lot less of the psp resources but then again It may require some modding and again someone willing to do it. When i saw modding i mean as in the psp must recognize it is connected to another psp.