• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Question regarding the database

Sachifus

Hello!

I have a question that may seem a bit "strange". I was wondering what would happen in the case of a service closure?

For example, if tomorrow Google decides to remove the achievements system or stop sharing them publicly via its API (very unlikely but still possible).

In this case, would it be possible to keep our already scrapped data on our Exophase profile? My fear is to "lose" all the achievements that could disappear with the plateform on which they were earned. Could you make sure that the database is not emptied in the case of a service closure of this kind so that we can keep our data (for archiving or souvenir purposes)? In other words, what would be your policy in this case?

Thank you :)

Regards

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
We'll leave them up if a service closes down. I'd say there is a chance we might not have the achievements count for EXP on the multi-platform leaderboards anymore. Depends on how the community feels about that since anyone who played on the service that shut down would have a large point advantage to those that can no longer get any of those achievements.

Sachifus

We'll leave them up if a service closes down. I'd say there is a chance we might not have the achievements count for EXP on the multi-platform leaderboards anymore. Depends on how the community feels about that since anyone who played on the service that shut down would have a large point advantage to those that can no longer get any of those achievements.
Sounds good, thanks! I have the same opinion regarding the EXP, the achievements of closed services no longer need to be included in the total.

Thanks again for all the great work!

Last edited: