• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP question

qucabri

i want to ask if it`s true taht davee has an exploit kernel in the ofw 5.51. please don`t take. it bad i am just asking because i want to know and i wanto to know if it`s going to be release some day and ask about the video of the exploit on the ofw 6.10. i want to know if it`s. true thanks for all.

Adiuvo

The PSP 'scene' doesn't deserve it, to be blunt.

Dan

Contributor
Look at the comments on Davee's YouTube page. It just goes to show how disrespectful and desperate people are for an ISO loader.

My personal favourite:
0fLaSh (3 months ago) said:
You are? a funcking shit cracker..
u make an exploit and a HEN and u think than u are good.. lol

try making firts a cfw and talk about piracy ok

Slasher

Suck It
Ungrateful fucks like that quote you pointed out have always been in existence since the scenes birth. It's best to ignore those kinds of people. We ignored them in the beginning, so why not ignore them today? There are pricks in society the same way there are pricks on the internet, but that's a whole other issue. Would I give up on society because of some arrogant dicks? nah

What needs to be realized is that for every one inbred idiot, there's easily two or more extremely appreciative and grateful users who acknowledge developers efforts to the fullest extent. It is not okay to group the entire scene into an ungrateful bunch just because of a handful of pricks making comments like the above mentioned quote. There's a lot of good left still, though more and more quality users I'm sure leave every day.

I for one would never stop or not release something just because I felt "the scene doesn't deserve it". That kind of reasoning is fucking stupid in my opinion. Because once again, I would never stereotype the entire scene just because of one prick. If I received even just one positive comment of somebody showing some appreciation and respect, that would make it all worth my effort.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ungrateful fucks like that quote you pointed out have always been in existence since the scenes birth. It's best to ignore those kinds of people. We ignored them in the beginning, so why not ignore them today? There are pricks in society the same way there are pricks on the internet, but that's a whole other issue. Would I give up on society because of some arrogant dicks? nah

What needs to be realized is that for every one inbred idiot, there's easily two or more extremely appreciative and grateful users who acknowledge developers efforts to the fullest extent. It is not okay to group the entire scene into an ungrateful bunch just because of a handful of pricks making comments like the above mentioned quote. There's a lot of good left still, though more and more quality users I'm sure leave every day.

I for one would never stop or not release something just because I felt "the scene doesn't deserve it". That kind of reasoning is fucking stupid in my opinion. Because once again, I would never stereotype the entire scene just because of one prick. If I received even just one positive comment of somebody showing some appreciation and respect, that would make it all worth my effort.

This. The work I put into the Quake patches I felt was justified with one users comment which at the point in time really meant a hell of a lot.

Here's the comment in full
Comment here.

Wow, just wow.

First of all the first Expansion pack link needs updating as I can't get onto it secondly my god what a job!

Quake was one of my childhood games, I loved the music and the Gotic feel to the game and once it didn't work on my PC I went to extreme lengths to get a version that did from mods to even buying it on the N64 (which wasn't to bad!)

The mods alienate Quake, they change it so much by making it to much like a Doom 3 clone that it just feels wrong but this...wow.
Not only does the keep the feel of the game even with the updated graphics but it also works with OTHER Quake mods!

I bought the Xmen conversion for Quake a while back and loved it however I wasn't able to play the game because I had to sell my copy of Quake but thought "Well it's on steam!" course it didn't work.

Now however it not only works but has had a graphics overhaul because of this guy! PURE ????ING GENIOUS!

To sum up my brown nose post this guy should be paid or AT LEAST have a sticky as this not only alows people to play what they paid for but improve their experiance as a gamer.

You my man, win the internet.

Sometimes, despite all the dickheads out there crying that they didn't get what they wanted, it's nice to know your work is appreciated.

Would be nice for a new CFW so that I didn't have to switch PSP's to play newer games but totally understand why no one wants to release any new material.

elite

Oldie moldie
You can always multi-boot firmwares on the PSP.

imported_tetris999

Bitches Be Crazy

Unfortunately that's just you, i've discussed this with a lot of people and the consensus is that dev's will -just- get pissed off when their code is stolen or when they are trolled. I guess it's unfortunate, but i don't think a lot of people would be happy if stuff that they worked their ass off was taken/copied or that a majority of users were idiots.

Yeah, dev's should be able to look past these things and pay attention to the ones who pay attention to them; but unfortunately you can't say as much when someone is upset.

What i REALLY don't get is the "undeserving" scene clause, that's just pointing fingers; as if saying "I hate the world!!" T_T. It's understandable if a dev doesn't want to waste his time because sometimes the world is unforgiving or that he just isn't interested anymore;but don't blame everyone as if you had no one on your side in the first place. If you want respect, then you need to start respecting your own contributors and fans, i bet that many psp dev's have a lot in contrast to the ungrateful peoples (as you mentioned already).

An example of good perseverance is HBL, I've followed the developers everyday and they were trolled like mad with trolls/noobs, yet they still persevere with their project. I have to admit, they aren't the best, but their commitment is a prime example of being an awesome community dev team; i'd totally donate to them just for this, even if they don't get HBL done all the way.

Oh well, that's just my rant; btw, i'm new to the forums :)

and i have a psp go :p (it's a great console, but i haven't been able to utilize it to it's fullest potential though, i just homebrew a bit with HBL.)

P.S. Just to get this out there; i really respect all the psp's devs that made this system as awesome as it is now.