• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Still a long way coming, this game is something that I'm definitely looking forward to. Having not played the DLC/standalone game, I'm hoping that it won't have been needed. If it is, then I guess I'll have to buy it ;) All in all, I've loved the series since I rented the first about 3 years ago, and then bought the rest.

The story seems to be getting more interesting, my thoughts on the trailer below are:

• He goes into the past.
  • Sees his parents there (possibly) but can't talk with them because of a possible time paradox situation.
  • The locket at the end is a device that is either A) linked to Clank, B) from those creatures in TOD, or C) something entirely different. But it is likely to be a time device a la Time Dagger from POP or DeLorian from Back to the Future.

[GT]47275[/GT]​

Adiuvo

Looks like they're focusing more on the story this time around. It's always been OK in RaC games, but not anything spectacular.

I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I doubt the device is linked to Clank. Clank is just a misproduced robot of Drek's army back in the first game. He can't really be all that important.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Also, I doubt the device is linked to Clank. Clank is just a misproduced robot of Drek's army back in the first game. He can't really be all that important.

Except that the creatures from the last game just happen to follow him around? It could just be random, but it seems too random to not be.

twelve

I'm not dead
Looks like they're focusing more on the story this time around. It's always been OK in RaC games, but not anything spectacular.

I'm looking forward to it.

Have you played Tools of Destruction or Quest for Booty? Clank is definitely very important to the story. He's not just an add on to ratchet anymore.

I hope this follows on because the 'Future' story is definitely unfinished.

Adiuvo

Have you played Tools of Destruction or Quest for Booty? Clank is definitely very important to the story. He's not just an add on to ratchet anymore.

I hope this follows on because the 'Future' story is definitely unfinished.

I've played both, but by linked, I thought he meant that he was built for that purpose, which unless they retcon the first game, is impossible.

Clank definitely is important, but whether that be a case of mistaken identity by the Zoni or something else I have no idea.

twelve

I'm not dead
I thought you were saying that he's about as useful/important as Kazooie is in Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts.

But yeah I can see what you're saying now.

Scorned

Look's like it could have one of the more interesting storylines, ill probably buy it when it comes out.