• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Restore PSP (uninstall 2.71 SE-B") How?

dracomalfoy724

Can anyone let me know how to go about uninstalling my custom firmware. I'm giving this PSP to a friend who will brick it if I don't restore it to Sony Firmware. How do I go about doing that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just place the Sony update EBOOT at X:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/

then hold R during PSP bootup, run program at recovery.

dracomalfoy724

When I tried putting the sony 3.10 firmware in the recovery and attempt to run it, the update returns that the data is corrupted.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I tried putting the sony 3.10 firmware in the recovery and attempt to run it, the update returns that the data is corrupted.

hmm. well I am pretty sure the 1.5 update runs, so run that to get to regular 1.5 then upgrade with 3.10 eboot

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
you are positive you're running this the correct way? It must be ran through the recovery menu, not the XMB (even though it will show up there)

Also 2.71 SE-B'' is pretty old, might be worth it to install 3.10 OE-A and try there under the recovery menu. I know for a fact it works ..

dracomalfoy724

Thanks for all you're help. I followed your latest suggesting and I'm still getting this data is corrupted error. I have followed the instructions to the letter in the upgrading to the 3.10 OE-A firmware which succeeded completely. As for installing the legal retail 3.1 firmware, I'm going to write down what I'm doing and maybe you'll find the error.

First, I go to the official sony psp website http://www.yourpsp.com/psp/psp.html and download the retail 3.10 firmware. It downloads in the form of eboot.pbp. I then place that eboot.pbp file directly into the x:/psp/game/recovery subfolder. I then dismount the PSP and restart the PSP holding down the right trigger. Having done that, the PSP will show me this menu in simple text that allows me to run the program at "/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp". I select that option and the screen goes dark for a few seconds as the memory access light blinks. It then loads what appears to be the sony updater that returns "PSP Update ver 3.10 - This update cannot be started. The data is corrupt".

A thought: does it matter what other files are in the recovery folder? Does something need to be labeled update.pbp?

Thanks again for all your time and effort.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I found the problem, use this recovery folder and rename the 1.50 update to UPDATE.PBP

it will downgrade to 1.5, then when back on 1.5 run 3.10 update. :)