• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ripping and playing umd movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Meta Moose
My guess would be because UMD movies were such a failure that there was no point (and no demand - I have never seen anyone ask about it until now). :p I guess the developers didn't want to spend time on something that would probably be adopted by very few people. I'd also say that it probably didn't occur to many developers as very few PSP owners use UMD movies, most people tend to just rip a DVD or something and convert it to a video file compatible with the system.

EDIT: Actually, I seem to remember a M33 CFW having the ability to play ripped UMD movie ISOs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: A quick Google confirms that there is a method of doing what you ask.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Ah. I had googled a bit before asking and didnt come up with anything very useful. But, im gonna look it up when i get home.

Spiros

Maiki
Yeah, the M33 CFW(and GEN aswell I'm assuming) can play UMD Movie ISO's.

You have to put them in the ISO/VIDEO folder, go into the VSH menu and mount the ISO, and it'll show up under Video in the XMB as if there was a UMD Movie in the drive.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Because it's a fucking stupid idea.

no reason to get snotty, seri. i asked a simple minded, yet stupid fucking question just to get an answer. i mean, i know people with umd movies and cfw that carry the movies along in case. just because you can have game isos doesnt mean you cant take advantage of the smaller things.

ilyace

no reason to get snotty, seri. i asked a simple minded, yet stupid fucking question just to get an answer.

You're a retarded person, asking retarded questions. He wasn't being snotty, it was more like telling you the truth.

LocutusEstBorg

On OFW the maximum bitrate of video files is artificially capped so you can't watch HQ videos from the memory stick, and UMD video is the only way to get HQ video.

The UMD video ISO only works if you have a real UMD (game/demo) in the drive.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
You're a retarded person, asking retarded questions. He wasn't being snotty, it was more like telling you the truth.

All I asked for as well is a simple fucking explanation. Was that what I got? Partially, because people have to be assholes and completely turn things around.

ilyace

All I asked for as well is a simple fucking explanation. Was that what I got? Partially, because people have to be assholes and completely turn things around.

You're actually really retarded, so people telling you that isn't being an asshole. Your question could have been simply answered by a quick google, or by even fucking thinking about it for a second.

Adiuvo

The thread is probably done by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.