• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Rock Band 3

TeamOverload

A few details have been released for the upcoming Rock Band 3. Some new details which will definitely be quite interesting to see how they turn out. Harmonix has yet to disappoint me, so I have high hopes for this. The two major new features being flaunted right now are a 25 key fulling functioning MIDI keyboard, as well as a pro mode which transcribes notes with real musical symbols in order to help players learn how to play the real instrument. New guitar controllers will be made available to support this feature.
Rock Band 3 Teaches You To Rock With Real Guitars & Keyboards

2000s:

Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
At the Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
Avenged Sevenfold - "The Beast & the Harlot"
Dover - "King George"
The Bronx - "False Alarm"
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1"
HIM (His Infernal Majest) - "Killing Loneliness"
Hypernove - "Viva La Resistance"
Ida Maria - "Oh My God"*
Juanes - "Me Enamora"
Metric - "Combat Baby"
Paramore - "Misery Business"*
Phoenix - "Lasso"*
Poni Hoax - "Antibodies"
Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
The Ravonettes - "Last Dance"
Rilo Kiley - "Portions for Foxes"*
Riverboat Gamblers - "Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead"
Slipknot - "Before I Forget"
The Sounds - "Living in America"
Tegan & Sara - "The Con"
Them Crooked Vultures - "Dead End Friends"
Tokio Hotel - "Humanoid"*
The Vines - "Get Free"*
The White Stripes - "The Hardest Button to Button"*
1990s:

Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"*
Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"*
Man

Dan

Contributor
Keyboard details, from Kotaku (Original Page)

500x_rock_band_3_keyboard.jpg

Rock Band 3's new two-octave keyboard controller is most natural feeling music peripheral of the bunch. It feels no different from an entry level electronic keyboard, sporting 25 keys and a MIDI output along with standard controller buttons and a handle that will let you play in the keytar style if you choose.

While many of the songs available in the demo version of Rock Band 3 that we played featured keyboard parts, like Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" and Huey Lewis and the News' "The Power of Love," for songs that don't have a keyboard line, Harmonix says that players will be able to play guitar or bass parts on the peripheral.

Picking up the keyboard is simple. In standard difficulties, players need to mind five keys, color coded to the appropriate notes on the familiar Rock Band note highway. The keys themselves are easily identified with a colored strip that spans those five keys.

500x_rb3_screen_wlogo15_2__01.jpg

In Pro Mode, however, the entire keyboard is fair game, with a second color-coded strip on the controller that spans the entire keyboard and color indicators on the note highway that shift left to right indicating the required position.

Riorio99

I'm gonna skip the keyboard unless it gets pretty cheap, but I'll be picking the actual game up as soon as possible. Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Train and Rainbow In The Dark have me sold completely.

Dan

Contributor
I'm finally happy that one of these games has took a step up and decided to help with learning, which was perhaps my biggest peeve with RB and GH.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Pro mode sounds insane. I've got an appointment set with Harmonix to try this at E3, looking forward to it. Also impressed with the lineup of songs thus far.

Not sure if I'll be given any Q&A time but if anyone has any questions they'd like me to relay just let me know.

LocutusEstBorg

I'm tempted to import the PRO-Drum kit. God knows when it'll be sold here! IMO it's really stupid of them to not have the PRO-Guitar available alongside the game launch. I'll have to waste money on a regular guitar controller if I want to play this when it's launched.

TeamOverload

Well neither of the pro guitars are being made by Harmonix if I'm correct? So it's unfortunate yes, but it's more the third parties faults than anyones.

TeamOverload

My copy better come before I gotta go to work today >_<
Just pre-ordered the pro-cymbols using all the Amazon credit and GCs I had.

And for those wondering, 70 of the 84 Rock Band 2 songs are exportable. The 9 HMX band songs are not exportable, but are to be later released as free DLC. The other 5 excluded songs are:
Journey - Any Way You Want It
RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

Riorio99

Damn. Let There Be Rock is one of my favourites on the disc. Spoonman was fun as well. I'll keep hold of RB2 for now then.

TeamOverload

On the plus side Rock Band 3 is truly incredible. I thought Warriors of Rock was at least a decent game (mainly because I did enjoy the soundtrack and because it attempted to mix up its formula a bit), but RB3 just makes that look like a terribly dated completely inferior product by far.

LocutusEstBorg

It's isn't sold within 3000 miles of me. Shipping costs like $400 for the instruments. Even RB2 is not yet launched. Not even sold unofficially since hardly anyone's primary language is English. And the fraction that actually listens to English music is even smaller.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
It's isn't sold within 3000 miles of me. Shipping costs like $400 for the instruments. Even RB2 is not yet launched. Not even sold unofficially since hardly anyone's primary language is English. And the fraction that actually listens to English music is even smaller.

ah i see, that really sucks