• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Rumor: Next Xbox 2015 Bound, Says Designer

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
xbox1.jpg

Microsoft may be ramping up internal R&D efforts for its next Xbox, if a "confidential" design brief from the online portfolio of IEB employee Ben Peterson is anything to go by.

While the page itself has since been scrapped, likely at the request of Microsoft, the sleuths over at ZDNet managed to save a screenshot[...]

Continue reading: Rumor: Next Xbox 2015 Bound, Says Designer...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, i think a 2015-2016 release date would be alright, would like to see a bit longer lifespan on the 360, but a decade seems to be the norm

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
a decade on old hardware that can barely handle games natively at 720p?

By the time the new Xbox is ready Personal Computers will be insanely far ahead of the xbox , More so than they already are.

Spiros

Maiki
hmm, i think a 2015-2016 release date would be alright, would like to see a bit longer lifespan on the 360, but a decade seems to be the norm

I think a decade is the norm for the lifespan of a console, but I think it's more like 5-7 years, usually, before a successor comes out for a console. The lifespan of the original xbox was only like 5 years (2001/02-2006), so I don't believe the next microsoft console will take that long.

Adiuvo

2015?... 2015? :(

I was hoping for a jump earlier since it would improve PC games as well. Oh well.