• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

S.O.S.

Heratix

Hi everyone, I am Heratix! I own a PSP and I want to upgrade it.
I have a PSP Fat/Phat [1000] with a custom firmware, 3.90 M33-3.
I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts, but unfortunately, it needed 5.00 M33-4.
Days upon days of prowling the forums, I've seen many upgrade guides.
But as an amateur like me, things can get pretty overwhelming. Y'know.

So I would like to appeal to everyone to elaborate more on how to upgrade.
A step-by-step guide is needed, badly.
Some questions before anything else...

1. Do I need to have a USB cable or I can just put my memory card into a USB connector?

2. Based on my CFW, do I still need to downgrade/upgrade to get to 5.00 M33-4?

Also, elaborate more on the "DRNFFFFFFB0" error... This is what hinders me from playing KH... So please... PLEASE, help me...

I don't know anything about this so called "Key 08".
I have HEX in PC, ID Storage Manager in PSP.

Alex

Okay, if its a key error, just a program called keycleaner.
To upgrade, just download the 5.00m33 update, and follow the readme. Its quite simple as your already on cfw

january39

eXo Staff
The MS can be used with a USB cable or you can plug it into a card reader.

Heratix

@january39: Thanks for the help. I am confused because some videos I saw on how to upgrade uses USB cables and me, ever so gullible, thought it was the only way.

@Alex: Okay, I have the Key Cleaner from Chilly Willy now [Thanks sir Chilly!]. How do I add it to PSP? Do I also need to download some additional files? If you have the time, can you list down the files in the KeyCleaner Folder ?

Heratix

Update: I have the KeyCleaner in my PSP now. Did some things, fortunately, my PSP didn't got bricked. Still, it does the same ERROR. Anything I'm not doing right?

On the side note: A friend of mine has a PSP with 5.00 M33-4 software, yet when I put Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [The game I'm trying to play] in it, it said "Game could not be started (8002013C)".

Searched other sites but they only provided guides on how to fix it in GEN software.
Thanks in advance.

Alex

On the side note: A best worst and worst best friend's PSP has a 5.00 M33-4 Software yet when I put Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [The game I'm trying to play] in it, it said "Game could not be started (8002013C)".

Searched other sites but they only provided guides on how to fix it in Gen3 software.
Thanks in advance.

Well i dont what the error means but you can update to GEN and use the fix you read up on? That would work

Heratix

Upgrading now! A big thanks to you january39, Alex and ChillyWilly.
Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade to GEN.
I have some more questions:

Which is better m33 or GEN?

Will I be able to downgrade to m33 after I upgrade to GEN?

P.S. Thanks again!

[Current Update]
PSP updated to 5.50 GEN-D3[Full] just like the other guides.
Did everything step-by-step.
Got a black screen. Help.

Alex

Upgrading now! A big thanks to you january39, Alex and ChillyWilly.
Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade to GEN.
I have some more questions:

P.S. Thanks again!

[Current Update]
PSP updated to 5.50 GEN-D3[Full] just like the other guides.
Did everything step-by-step.
Got a black screen. Help.

Do you hear any sound? Take out the battery, put it in, HOLD R and turn it on, still holding R. Does anything come up?

Heratix

Oh sorry, I meant I get black screen when I load the game.
Maybe it's just another case of a bad copy.

I have some more questions though:

january39

eXo Staff
You can got from M33>GEN>M33 if you wish - Just need a pandora battery to do it.

Tbh I would say M33 is better, but i have been using GEN for the last 5 months or so, and i have had no problems whatsoever, everything has worked and i have had no compatibility issues either.

Time has moved on but M33 has not, personally i would go for GEN now. Its a shame there will be no more M33 Fw's but that's life - Just hope GEN are working on a newer FW.