• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Scribblenauts

Seth

MD Party Room
Developer 5th Cell is known for their unique use of the Nintendo DS touch screen in their titles, which include Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest -- however, their next project makes those two titles seem like the creative equivalent of Madden 09. In a recent interview with IGN, 5th Cell creative director Jeremiah Slaczka gave a brief run-down on Scribblenauts, which will have players traversing puzzle-filled worlds, spelling nouns to make objects appear that will help solve said puzzles.

I really hope this game isent a let down..

[ignvideo]object_ID=14304256&downloadURL=http://dsmovies.ign.com/ds/video/article/936/936258/Scribblenauts_new2_120508_flvlow.flv[/ignvideo]

_Syn

Looks interesting, I'm looking forward to this game.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Yeah, I was reading this article on IGN, it seems insane. No one has ever done anything like this. The lead guy said that they've already spent the last 3 months just going through dictionaries and encyclopedias and creating objects for every word...

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
aww....I thought this was like a pschonauts sequel or something

I bought Drawn to Life and it was just ok. I really liked the concept though, and it was fun to see your drawing come to life, but the core gameplay was bland.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
that seems cool but it would be cooler if they did somethin like okami were you draw it instead of write.

Riorio99

Its a unique concept that could go two ways, either incredibly bad or so good it puts most other games to shame. I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. The DS has had a dry period as of late.

Sinfulfate

I'm not smart enough for this game.

You dont need to be smart for this game. The puzzles aren't something like Professor Layton, there actually pretty simple since you have so many different items at your disposal. Also the game has two different versions of each level a puzzle one and an action one.

Joey

You dont need to be smart for this game. The puzzles aren't something like Professor Layton, there actually pretty simple since you have so many different items at your disposal. Also the game has two different versions of each level a puzzle one and an action one.

If the level can't be solved with wings/jetpack/pterodactyl, and a shovel, I get stumped.