• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Sky TV Coming to Xbox 360

James.

User Not Found
Live Sky TV coming to Xbox 360 in UK and Ireland, hooligan avatars to follow

US Americans, go ahead and enjoy your Netflix streaming over your Xbox 360, Brits are about to land a deal that'll put live football, TV, and films over Microsoft's broadband-enabled console -- a first live television service for Xbox 360 anywhere. Beginning in Autumn, Xbox Live subscribers in the UK and Ireland will gain access to Sky's Sky Player service that includes subscription-based live, on-demand, and pay-per-view access to your favorite shows without the need for an additional set-top-box or satellite dish. Unfortunately, specifics like prices and channel line-up have not been announced, though content is expected to be similar to the Sky Player service already available on Macs and PCs. Of interest, Xbox Live users will be able to watch sporting content together virtually and sling insults and taunts at one-another via avatars or virtual personas. Something that will lead to slurring songs in a fit of semi-social inebriation or fisticuffs, depending on the score.

I'm a sky subscriber, and hopefully I'll get movies to stream for free :p

Moose

Meta Moose
Sweet. I'm not a Sky subscriber but I wouldn't mind paying for a movie every so often. This sounds really nice, I look forward it. :D

Moose

Meta Moose
It's a clever move by Sky, seeing as at the moment they have no On-Demand service like Virgin or BT does, so this is almost a quick and easy way out. Very effective however.

Moose

Meta Moose
They have a movie on demand service Moose ...

Oh, I know. Movie On-Demand is hardly anything to be compared to something like TV On-Demand. Undoubtedly Virgin and BT's On-Demand services are better than Sky's. This is why they need this.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Definitely good news for you guys across the pond. I like how things like this are being announced before E3. It may mean that bigger news will be announced next week, etc.