• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Slim NO LINUX or OTHER OS Support!!!

twelve

I'm not dead
To be quite honest, Linux PS3 sprung nothing decent except the use of a few emulators... Maybe with time it would have gone somewhere... Oh well, at least my PS3 has YDL installed in it
How much more time would you expect it to take? Another 3 years?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:huh:

Who's this we? I happen to know there are a few people that know a lot more than "zero about the system".

Yes, this is true. Many people have been researching the PS3 behind the scenes, just not actively looking for exploits. Since Linux was available, there wasn't a legitimate reason to go ahead and hack it. I really think this decision will backfire on them. Remember that all it takes is one person to get things started.

Sliderkk

This certainly disappoints me, its not like they save any money off of removing said feature. The first thing ill try when I get the thing is running a phat firmware update on it to see if it will give me the feature. After posting this, I'll get it ready.

EDIT: Nevermind, It will just say that there is no need to update. I will wait for the one after 3.0 to try it.

Hellcat

Contributor
This certainly disappoints me, its not like they save any money off of removing said feature. The first thing ill try when I get the thing is running a phat firmware update on it to see if it will give me the feature. After posting this, I'll get it ready.

EDIT: Nevermind, It will just say that there is no need to update. I will wait for the one after 3.0 to try it.

FW will most likely be the same, VSH will detect model and just hide the OtherOS options.

VoXeR

I had YDL for a short period of time... But it didn't run as smooth and nice which I had hoped for so I didn't really use it.. :p

I have a computer right next to my PS3 so I haven't lost very much either.