• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

>>>>Solve My Hidden Quotation<<<<

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
f_Puzzle1m_f20b37d.png

If you tell me where this quotation is from, you get awesome points.

Some hints can be scattered around the forums (each are added if it does not progress), so you may have to dig deep to find the clues... :)

Post some of your findings in the thread. Help out the rest of the community.

twelve

I'm not dead
I think it's just a case of substituting the numbers and symbols for letters.

0=I is given in his sig so *=A follows from that.

If that's not correct then I don't get it either.

Edit: Yup that's it.

twelve

I'm not dead
From The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

There is a way into my country from all the worlds... I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across the river. But do not fear that, for I am the great bridge builder.

PS: Great thread.

Chathurga

There is a way into my country from all the worlds... I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across the river. But do not fear that, for I am the great bridge builder.

You muck bag got it just before me, this is how far I got before I realised what the quote was:

$ = e
0 = i
; = s
* = a
/ = n
6 = t
9 = o
& = h
8 = r
4 = y
! = c
1 = u
? = m
3 = w
% = f
5 = l
@ = d
^ = g

I agree, great thread.

twelve

I'm not dead
You muck bag got it just before me, this is how far I got before I realised what the quote was:

$ = e
0 = i
; = s
* = a
/ = n
6 = t
9 = o
& = h
8 = r
4 = y
! = c
1 = u
? = m
3 = w
% = f
5 = l
@ = d
^ = g

I agree, great thread.
I spent an hour scratching my head with 4 letters, then got 2 more then the rest fell into place in about 5 minutes.

I think the biggest problem I had was I was convinced that 5=S because I was assuming this was a forum quote, *55 = ASS would be plausible then. It was only when I decided to scrap that that it started getting easier.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I love these puzzles, perhaps we should have more of them that are more difficult and incorporate some information hunting throughout the community ;)

It didn't take me long to figure this one out, though. Didn't even need the first hint. So, perhaps, we should hold out on giving any hints until people ask :)

Hope to see another! :D

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus

Oh My God. Solved LESS than an hour. I was NOT expecting that.

Awesome points go to twelve.

I will think of a harder puzzle, hopefully. That is one large quotation.

Serideth

I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to say I found this thread absolutely fascinating and look forward to seeing more from you :)

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I might turn this into a weekly thing. I kind of like making these puzzles. I guess this one was too easy because there was a lot of short words involved. I also try to think of quotations that are not too popular or obvious like "Life is like a box of chocolates". I am glad that you guys like the idea. I will make another one today. I will try to make it harder.

Still, twelve, that was impressive. I only gave 1 letter hint, and you solved it in less than an hour. Play lots of Crypt-o-Quotes often in newspapers??

Zx30

Beto
I might turn this into a weekly thing. I kind of like making these puzzles. I guess this one was too easy because there was a lot of short words involved. I also try to think of quotations that are not too popular or obvious like "Life is like a box of chocolates". I am glad that you guys like the idea. I will make another one today. I will try to make it harder.

Still, twelve, that was impressive. I only gave 1 letter hint, and you solved it in less than an hour. Play lots of Crypt-o-Quotes often in newspapers??

Or maybe the person who solved it can set their own quotation thing up. That would be a nice idea. :p