• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Some Tips for the PS3 Newbie?

Nick

well, after a short delay of getting my ps3 slim, i finally got it! are there any tips you guys might have for me? such as, "dont do-" and "try to-" :p
also, are there any great demos on the online store i should check out?
and one more thing: i've been having a problem with the ps3 obtaining my ip, is there a way that i can fix that or some computer app that would tell me all the info i need to set it up manually? thanks in advance guys :D

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
I got a launch day slim, I'm happy too! If you're in the UK, get a GAMECare extended warranty (covers EVERYTHING and i mean it). Get uncharted 2 xD. Home is quite cool if you haven't tried it. Once you get wirelss working, you have to check out online play for things like COD4/5 and the big PS3 hits

Dan

Contributor
Get warranty once it's expired; Though, I don't know if they fixed the whole heat/solder thing with the Slims though.

If you want to upgrade your hard drive for any reason, make sure it's a Seagate SATA 2.5 inch.

If you want to import music from your iPod, you can't just plug it in and click the icon. When the icon under the 'Music' folder shows up, hit Triangle and then 'Display All'. The songs will be in a load of wierd folders (f1, f2, f3), but just hit triangle on the 'Music' folder and hit 'Copy'.

Alternatively to the above, if you have your music on your PC, just set up the Media Server in Windows Media Player, and allow your PS3 (will show up as unknown device) to access your media. You also have to enable Media Server Connection on 'Network Settings'.

Are you having trouble getting IP on wireless? I did, so I connected it wired and then changed to wireless, worked fine then.

Hope that helps :)

Don't forget to configure your router to allow the PS3 access to it's necessary ports. It can make online play a pain if you don't. I used to have annoying random disconnects untill it was fixed. Each router's different, and they may already be opened, so if you experience PSN problems, check out those ports.