• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Sonic Fan Remix Demo Now Available

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

The guys behind Sonic Fan Remix, Pelikan13 and Mercury, have released a playable demo of their Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "HD" remake. This remake of the Genesis classic features an entirely fan-made engine, graphics and sound. The high-definition quality of the remake competes with, and even blows away, the modern Sonic titles that Sega has published, including the most recent, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.

The demo has fully-configurable controls and supports nearly every resolution you could throw at it[...]

Continue reading: Sonic Fan Remix Demo Now Available...

eldiablov

Contributor
File marked as illegal...

Nice.

Care to mirror it for us, Frozen?

EDIT: Ignorant ass misses the bottom of the article. Thanks Ipaq.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just tried it. Damn awesome :O

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Downloaded and played up to the end of act 2....only managed to get to there because all of a sudden as soon as I had beaten the second act, my computer cut off. Not BSOD or restarted but completely cut off. Really don't think it's temperatures but it's weird that this would cause it. I tried opening SFR again and the same thing happened o.0 gunna try again with temp monitors up and see what happens...

EDIT: Same thing happened again as soon as the main window pops up... weird as hell. Temperatures were at about CPU-34C and GPU-59C...well within safe range :\
Guess maybe my power supply is starting to die :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Downloading this now. Seems Sega's legal suits are already going after it :( RS removed the file citing copyright infringement.

skparasite

My god I'm afraid to try this on my laptop and watch it exploded trying to render this. Stupid laptops and a majority of them having internal gpus. :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Juliet

Tried it. Fantastic job. But i don't know how to exit the game. Also Pause button (default right Enter) is not responding within the game.