• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Spare time...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Okay, so this summer I am basically going to do, uh, nothing, unless I can get a job somewhere. What semi-large, like, geeky or nerdy or whatever achievements should I work for? Time is no issue here, obviously, unless it's, like, "beat FFVII in a day!" or something like that, which I would infact attempt.

What do you guys do in large amounts of spare time? I usually just peruse the intarweb, play some Stepmania, Hengband, and Albatross18, and yea, that's about it, other than play other games... Dawn of Mana came out yesterday, gonna, uh, *ahem* pick that up tonight. Looks pretty sweet. What games and stuff do you think will take large portions of your summer vacation?

seann33uk

try rune scape
WoW
or FF Xi
:biggrin:
xbox 360? try and beat the geometry wars highscore (something like 168 000 000)

or if you have money to burn as well:
psp hardware mods
psp exploits for downgrades (if your a really good programmer)
pointlessly patching xbox 360 only to be banned.

erm...
...can't think of anything else

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I thought I was good when I got 800,000 in Geometry Wars without dying... *sadface*

I don't have alot, or any, money to throw away, although I wish I did. My 360 is already modded, although not banned, I may just switch it's firmware back and get rid of my backups, as much as I don't want to.

As for MMOs, I have no money, so WoW and FFXI are out of the question, although I've wanted to try FFXI since it came out, tried WoW and didn't really like it... *flinches for inevitable beatings* Tried Runescape long ago, may try it again, since it's free. :biggrin:

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll definately try Runescape and possibly FFXI if I get some money, bro!

People, keep 'em coming! I have AN ENTIRE SUMMER OF NOTHING!

seann33uk

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hmm...well,in my free time i would play guitar, mess about with programming, play games, read books, draw, go to cinema with girlfriend and also go to rock concerts....so i can suggest all of those :p

also cooking is a good idea. :D

Roe

Well in my free time I usually just go out on the trampoline, play my psp, surf the internet, practice my lua programming or go out for a cycle with my friends. I also play gaelic and hurling so I dont have much free time.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I'm a workahoolic, I can't stop programing, my finger start itching if I don't write something on a keyboard or program something, I use programing to unload negative energies and look at where it got me xD I know how MP3 files work like the palm of my hand xD

J

Junit

I can vouch for FFXI lol , I litterly tried it one year and left , next year I came back with a goal finished it and left and last but not least I came back thinking of a new job combination I wanted to own with :p , It's a fun game but there might be some other languaged people playing on your server making it hard to party at certain hours at annoying places ie; Valkrum dunes first party area lvling area and yes , you can use your 360 wired 360 controller to play FFXI !!! :D