• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

spike021

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Hey guys! :laugh:

Well, guess I never did one of these. I was around on QJ since late '07 and was addicted (sad, I know). Finally began to slow down and I realized "forums suck!" But ever since I started coming here, I've realized that it was pretty much just QJ's fault that I even thought like that. :p

The way I created my username was the same as a lot of people do:

spike021 said:
If anyone ever played the first Ape Escape game, they'd know that Spike was the main character. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always nicknamed 'chimp' or something close to it paying homage to apes. All of a sudden, my older brother picked up Ape Escape for the PSOne and I just sort of fell in love with Spike. He was just cool. I loved catching the monkeys and having all of the cool gadgets. Speaking of gadgets, that helped in the name as well since he used tons of devices as I do also.

'021' comes from the days when my siblings and I built wooden cars out of slabs to race on a down-sloping track with friends. My sister actually chose for her car to be number 21 because my brother helped her to build her first car. So he took the number as well. Most people can probably agree that they copy their older siblings when they do something 'awesome,' so that's what I did.

I also used shadow021 during the Starcraft days (also used and still use spike021 for that) as a way to say that I was lurking in the shadows and to 'watch your back.'

There were some other lesser-known names, but they hold next to nothing in importance.

I've been programming almost a year now. First worked on the PSP, but it was nothing more than a taster for me in order to find beginner experience.

The only thing I did for PSP was very basic; I updated SG57's Small Physics Game three times after being given permission to do so in partnership with hotrocker, also from QJ.

I now program for iPhone/iPod Touch as many of you know. I only have one app out and it looks horrible :-\ But I'm in the process of writing a game or two. One being a port of the Small Physics Game. :cool:

I have a PS3, PSN: spike021, and I'm really looking forward to Killzone 2. Hoping to get it on or soon after release day. If you ever add me as a friend, you'll see that either A ) I either pop on and off occasionally, B ) play a hell of a lot of demos, or C ) Play a lot of Warhawk (yes, still hooked to it even with all of the little kids who play and whine into the mic at the same time).

That's about it ;)