• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam (got a crappy comp)

madsoul

i have some money to spend on a game on Steam. the two problems are:

1. my comp sucks. some specs:
uWTuykZiD.png

and some crappy old graphics card.

2. i have no idea what to choose. Would be nice with a good adventure game that could run okay on my system. might not be that many thought. :(

any suggestions? :)

Serideth

Hmmm, I only really know about Nvidea cards, but card aside I'd say you could play HL2 and TF2 ect on that.

If you want to login on my Steam and download a game to see if it works before you spend any money let me know.

WillyVWade

eh

ATI Radeon X1200

some crappy card heh.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM EST ----------

or maybe GOG have some old classics i should get? tried out fallout but it was not my type of game really.

Is this a laptop? Because it's exactly the same spec as mine.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is this a laptop? Because it's exactly the same spec as mine.

Yes it is a laptop. With that video card you won't be able to play too many games at a good speed. TF2 should run but when it gets congested you'll notice a lot of lag. Try out PC demos to gauge your graphic prowess (that the right word?).

madsoul

Hmmm, I only really know about Nvidea cards, but card aside I'd say you could play HL2 and TF2 ect on that.

If you want to login on my Steam and download a game to see if it works before you spend any money let me know.

thats really nice of you! :) but il see if there was any demo for half life. havent gotten through episode 2 yet. got half way on the 360 before i sold it.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM EST ----------

Rocking a Toshiba Equium here. Say, Can you boot from CD? It's in to the boot menu but it never works.

yeah. just installed windows 7 and i could boot just fine from cd. i just hit F12 at the start to get into the boot menu.

Colm

TF with some launch option fixes (like -dxlevel 81 -noborder) should run. You can also get other Orange Box games to work in the same way. Best way to get it is to get a steam key for it @ g2play. I'd reccomend loading up TF2 for a test run with those options on Mike's account. Then, join us for TF2!

DrLame

Ham Eater
Here's a bunch of good games that you can load up with no troubles, I'm sure... A bunch are abandonware, and most the others would be pretty easy to come across... heh, I still play almost all of these.

FPS/Action:
Tribes 2 (patched to connect to player-made master server list)
HalfLife
Deus Ex
Doom 2 over Inet or Lan (using skulltag)
Hitman 2

Adventure (point and click - dosbox or scummvm):
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Space Quest Series
The Dig
Beneath a Steel Sky

Strategy:
UFO: Enemy Unknown (thru dosbox)
Warcraft 2 (way better than 3 =P )
Starcraft
Lords of the Realm 2
C&C: Red Alert