• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

TA-090 Motherboards Found in PSP-2000 and PSP-3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jx233

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSP-3000:

QJ.Net said:
The Slim TA-088 v3 motherboard may be unhackable for now, but the TA-090 certainly isn't. And guess what? Good news for the PSP community: the PSP-3000 has a TA-090! According to Dark AleX's webmaster Alek, the PSP-3000 has some sort of protection the Slim doesn't, but they're working on it.

According to a post by Alek, the PSP-3000 battery "can't be modded to a Pandora-hard-fashioned-Style," although both the Slim and 3000 batteries have the same 3-pin configuration.

They are still trying to figure out whether if it's a new version of the TA-090, or whether it's the same one found in the Slim. Having found that the PSP-3000 doesn't even boot with a Pandora battery, they came to the following theory:

Having in mind that with a Pandora battery it doesn't even boot the PSP, it could be possible that there are some other hardware patches on the connection Battery-PSP. Even though, some tests are needed to be made before making this for sure.

This will explain the fact that when using DC7 or Pandora, the PSP doesn't even turns on. (Remember, on 88v3, it hangs up with the LED enabled and with no action)

So what does this all mean? It means there's hope that the PSP-3000 mobo is hackable, but there are still some issues to work out. And once again, the future of PSP homebrew is in the hands of Dark AleX. We'll have to wait on him for further developments.

Alek said:
PSP3000 has TA-090
According to this source, you will see that the mobo is a TA-090.

So, what does this means?

PSP2000 TA-090 is pandorizable.

PSP3000 TA-090 has some sort of protection. Working on it

jx233 said:
PSP Battery Serial Number 0xFFFFFFFF no longer boots service mode though. TimeMachine IPL fails too load too. Sony has added new protection to the PSP-3000 TA-090 V2 CPU in which a new PSP Battery Serial may be required. But dont be afraid, there is a solution in the works by Dark_Alex.

Go here:

[Sceners.org]

[PSPUpdates.QJ.net]

[eXophase]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSP-2000:

From the following sites:

[PSPUpdates.QJ.net]

[Maxconsole]

[Maxconsole (Link 2)] (This link is useless, but is about TA-090)

Someone decided to tinker around the inner guts of the PSP Slim again, and lo and behold, a new PSP motherboard was discovered in the process.

The curious fellow, going by the name of Skynow, has posted pictures of the said motherboard online. Clearly we can see that it's now at TA-090. Again, this is for the PSP-2000, and as we know, Dark AleX's Despertar Del Cementero (i.e. Pandora's Battery) doesn't work quite well (or at all) with the TA-088 v3 motherboards.

Skynow notes that, quite surprisingly, Pandora's Battery is compatible with the TA-090 mobo. So now the question stands... why the motherboard upgrade? Still no developments on that front, however, so in the mean time, here are some snapshots of the TA-090 motherboard in the wild. Differences are noted with the red circles.

Attachments

• ta-090-6.jpg
    ta-090-6.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 712
  • ta-090-2.jpg
    ta-090-2.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 804
  • 061026sony_psp.jpg
    061026sony_psp.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 1,111

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep, but it came from a repair center so you likely won't see these in new PSP-2000s as Sony has already stopped production on them. My only guess is that this mobo is similar to the one that will be used in the PSP-3000 and they made it to cut costs when refurbishing old units.

J

jx233

Sony and mobos

x3sphere said:
Yep, but it came from a repair center so you likely won't see these in new PSP-2000s as Sony has already stopped production on them. My only guess is that this mobo is similar to the one that will be used in the PSP-3000 and they made it to cut costs when refurbishing old units.

So do you think it will be a TA-091 motherboard in the PSP-3000?

btw, i'm curious, is the TA-088 V3 actually a TA-089 motherboard?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So do you think it will be a TA-091 motherboard in the PSP-3000?

btw, i'm curious, is the TA-088 V3 actually a TA-089 motherboard?

Maybe.

Not sure, I've never actually seen the motherboard of a TA-088 v3.

J

jx233

mobos

x3sphere said:
Maybe.

Not sure, I've never actually seen the motherboard of a TA-088 v3.

Well, there's only one way to find out
I hope Dark_Alex gets a TA-088 v3 soon.

and i hope he takes it apart to see what mobo the v3 actually is.

and the TA-090, i have two questions about it:

1. What DDC is it compatible with?

2. Can it write to battery EEPROM?

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Well, there's only one way to find out
I hope Dark_Alex gets a TA-088 v3 soon.

and i hope he takes it apart to see what mobo the v3 actually is.

and the TA-090, i have two questions about it:

1. What DDC is it compatible with?

2. Can it write to battery EEPROM?

1. Newest DC

2. I'm almost sure that no

J

jx233

ok, understood. thanks. :smile:

Here are new facts:

1. CFW (Custom Firmware) can be installed on it. :smile: (PSP-2000 ONLY!!!)

2. TA-090 V1 can only boot Desperter del Cementerio v6 and higher when in Pandora mode. : (PSP-2000 ONLY!!!)

3. The lowest firmware it can be downgraded to is Version 3.60. : (PSP-2000 ONLY!!!)

4. It cannot load Desperter del Cementerio V5 or lower; and 1.50+3.40 firmware in TimeMachine does not work due to new CPU. (Both PSPs for sure!)

5. It can boot all other PSP Slim firmwares in TimeMachine (including 3.60 M33) : (PSP-2000 ONLY!!!)

6. TA-090 V1 seems only to exist in refurbished Slims (PSP-2000) and is very similar and/or identical to the TA-088 V2.

7. As far as anyone knows, this motherboard does not exist in the PSP-3000 models. WRONG!!! There is an identical TA-090 V2 in the PSP-3000, it just has a new CPU, thats why its called TA-090 V2. The "V2" is from the new CPU.

J

jx233

vp10120 said:
PSP Brite have TA-90v2 Mainboard haha!

You are 100% right.
But it cannot boot with Pandora Battery.

PSP Battery Serial Number 0xFFFFFFFF no longer boots service mode though, good post though. :smile:

Go here for more information:

There is hope, PSP-3000 has TA-090; Dark_Alex working on it

Updated Information.

ROYGINALD said:
Now running Remotejoy and Testing more Homebrew Applications.

It is a HARD start for something we always took for granted.

Most of us are not afraid anymore running different software (even not tested) on our "Pandorizable" PSPs. because luckily there's always a "Pandora Kit" to the rescue.

Even if some Hackers discovered the NEW Battery's serial for the NEW PSP3000 just to be on the "service" mode..it'll take some more time for other pre-ipl testings.
A wrong ipl writing can always BRICK your PSP.. but with this "half-cracked-Pandorizable-PSP3000".. i can run almost any Homebrews!

Not everybody's willing to take the risks i did.. but this is a start.
Thinking that PSP3000 STILL uses the same CPU engineering/computation really gives us the idea that it still and will support CFW.

A PSP-3000 has been hard hacked for CFW:

Go here:
[Exophase]

Videos:

[Youtube Link 1]

[Youtube Link 2]

[Youtube Link 3]

**If anyone hard-mods their PSP-3000, the PSP-3000 screen does not support the older PSP-2000 CPU, so the only way to display anything is through the TV-Out Feature. The screen will NOT work at all with PSP-2000 CPU, and the only thing displayed is a "black screen of silence". Apparently, Sony added new hardware modules on the PSP-3000 for the PSP-3000 screen that adds new encryption and incompatibility with older CPUs. The same form of encryption and new screen hardware modules were used for the PSP-2000. If a PSP-1000 CPU would be used on the PSP-2000, the screen would not work either and also show a "black screen of silence". Another example is the TA -086 (PSP-1000) screen running firmware 1.50, that screen had new modules and users who downgraded their PSPs had a "blank white" screen becasue of new the new hardware of the screen. Changing brightness would fix that bug. Unfortunately, the brightness fix does not work for the PSP-3000 screen running on PSP-2000 CPU. As with the changes in between PSP-1000 and the PSP-2000, new adjustments were also made between PSP-2000 and PSP-3000 screen.**

The difference between PSP-3000 and the TA-088 V3 (PSP-2000) is that the TA-088 V3 recognizes a Pandora Battery and the the Pandora Battery can autostart a TA-088 V3 motherboard and it can trigger "Service" or "Factory" Mode on that motherboard. But unlike the TA-088 V3, the PSP-3000 cannot be entered into "Service"/"Factory" mode by a Pandora Battery, and that Pandora Battery cannot autostart a PSP-3000.

*The Battery Serial of a Pandora Battery is: 0xFFFFFFFF. The PSP-3000 ignores that serial.
That might explain why Desperter del Cementerio V6 and V7 do not load or start.

Of course, with the Pandora Battery being ignored by the PSP-3000, it is unknown whether the PSP-3000 can load Magic MemorySticks or not. It is only rumored that this PSP has the same bootloader/IPL-Loader as the TA-088 V3 PSP. Until a new a "Pandora" serial is discovered, it is unknown whether the MagicMemoryStick can load or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I will finally sum up information concerning the PSP-3000 (PSP Brite) and custom firmware/Pandora's Battery and the other things concerning the TA-090 on the PSP-2000 (PSP Slim and Lite).

PSP-3000: Currently CANNOT have custom firmware installed, and the Pandora's Battery exploit/Desperter del Cementerio does not work. Along with Pandora's Battery+MagicMemoryStick not working, Dark_Alex TimeMachine v0.1 currently does not work either. Currently all things "Pandora" do not work until a solution is found. It appears the PSP-3000 is in a similar situation as the TA-088 V3 PSP-2000. This PSP has a TA-090 V2 motherboard.

PSP-2000: Can have custom firmware installed. Pandora's Battery works fine. TimeMachine and Desperter del Cementerio can load. This PSP can be "hacked" with a Pandora Battery+MagicMemoryStick. This model has a TA-090 "V1" motherboard. Although not common, the TA-090 is found in refurbished PSP-2000s.

Attachments

• ta-090v2_psp3000.jpg
    ta-090v2_psp3000.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 576
  • img2_psp-3000_ta-090v2.jpg
    img2_psp-3000_ta-090v2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 428
  • cpu_pic.png
    cpu_pic.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 571
Status
Not open for further replies.