• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The $500 Game?

bwalker

What game if any are you waiting for to buy a ps3 or what game if made would make you buy it?

I already have one but if i didnt MGS4 depending on reviews and FFXIII i would buy for it no matter what. Also i would buy the system for Kingdom hearts 3 as well. Only ones i could think of that would have cuased me to have to buy it if i didnt already have it.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
To be honest, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam would've been it, but it was released as a multi-platform right before E3, so I'm happy, seeing as I already have a 360.:biggrin: Also, Devil May Cry 4, but same thing- it's multi-platform now. Way of the Samurai 3 would be badass, but I have a feeling it won't be localized. Pretty much the only games the PS3 has left that I would like to have is the Final Fantasy games and MGS4, just like you, bwalker. Other than that, Disgaea 3 REALLY makes me jealous, but three (or four for the FF games) is not enough justification to buy a PS3 for me- I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll prolly get one once I can, after a Wii, because I usually get all consoles, but it'll be last on the list considering only three or four games are coming out this year AND next that I want so far. Honest, I almost feel bad for Sony, because they're losing almost ALL of their exclusive games, but it's their fault, plus it's not like this will kill Sony or anything- even if, as a whole, the PS3 fails, they'll still come out with a PS4 or whatever, I guarantee it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'll probably pick one up once Metal Gear Solid 4 is out. Was hoping for another price drop around the holidays that would bring the 60GB model down to $450. But with the whole 60GB model phase out, I don't think that's happening, as all the 60GB's will definitely be gone by then.

So what I expect is Sony will probably cut the price of the 80GB model to $500 come holiday time.

J

Junit

I don't think there is a game yet that is worth the 549.99 CAD plung

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I really think after this holiday season I wont be ashamed/proud to be only good friend with a ps3. Heavenly Sword looks pretty sweet and I might have to jump on the warhawk bandwagon. The list goes on but still those are to closest to release ones I want.

karasuman

I just assumed that Sony would continue to pick up the games that I like, and I bought one a few months ago when I first heard that later models would lose the hardware for backwards compatibility.

Microsoft seems to focus on FPS, which I can't stand. I have a Wii, but mostly for cute and innovative games. For the PS3, I'm hoping for more of what came out for the PS2: a great selection of RPGs, survival horror, and wacky random stuff.

Beautiful Katamari was one of my fondest hopes for the PS3. I still haven't given up all hope that it will make an appearance on something other than the 360, but...sigh. Fatal Frame IV (no, it hasn't even been announced) and Silent Hill 5 are next on my list, followed by Final Fantasy XIII.

So far, I only own one PS3 game: Enchanted Arms. Meh. I downloaded flOw, though!

Richlando

Sorry if this is off topic but is Enchanted Arms any good? Because it's $19.99 at Circuit City.

And my $500 game so far is Heavenly Sword, it made the purchase of my PS3 worthwhile.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Encahnted arms sux horribly I got it for free with my system and now I know why. I only played for an hour or so but I was bored out of my head. I would def rent it before I'd buy if ever.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Honestly, it's not THAT bad, man, seriously. It's mediocre, I personally would pick it up for 20 bucks.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
You could but If you had any other games you would play them over that game anyday. but I guess if you want to throw it around do it. I just couldn't get past how board and laking it it was.