• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 The Last of Us to Have Post-Launch Story-Based DLC

David Sanchez

The-Last-of-Us.jpg

Naughty Dog has revealed its post-launch plans for The Last of Us, as well as its incentives for folks who purchase the game digitally via the PlayStation Store. Three add-on packs are currently planned for the game, with one of them being a story-based expansion and the remaining two being based around the multiplayer component.

In addition to the retail version of The Last of Us, Sony and Naughty Dog are also offering a digital edition.

Continue reading...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm getting real fucking tired of story based DLC announcements prior to games being released. I'm also all set with the term "Season Pass."

Just fucking charge $80 for a game and release it with everything you're gouging for. I'd bet sales won't be affected in the slightest.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm getting real fucking tired of story based DLC announcements prior to games being released. I'm also all set with the term "Season Pass."

Just fucking charge $80 for a game and release it with everything you're gouging for. I'd bet sales won't be affected in the slightest.

Another game just did that as well - announced DLC ahead of its release a few months away. People continue to buy into the DLC though so we won't see it going away anytime soon.

However I'm all for the way Battlefield 3 handled their DLC - one season pass (a bit expensive though) and you get a shit ton of content. It was more than just additional maps....