• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Sims III

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
logo15.jpg

US Release Date: February 20th 2009.

- EA has done away with two of the wants (environment and comfort).
- Minor adjustments to Sims 2 Expansion features. (Life Time Wants, Personal Inventories, Cell Phones)
- Pets will be NOT be included in core game but WILL be featured in upcoming expansions.
- More control in the career field. (Overtime, Bring home work, Part-Time Jobs)
- Different Job Branches. (Original ten and then branch to different sub-careers)
- New Create-a-sim lets users customize everything from freckles and moles to obesity and muscularity in specific body parts.
- 60 unique character personality traits to give each Sim a different personality.
- A revamped version of buy and build modes lets users customize everything and make their house exactly the way they want.
- Neighborhood is in real-time with major fixes from Sims 2. Includes career buildings, a hospital, and much more.

Official Sims III EA Site
Wikipedia Page

I'm very excited for this game. After viewing screenshots and reading over various previews, I'm sure they have come a long way from The Sims 2. The only flaw is the wait for pets. I wish they would have included them in the original game...

Thesims3-18.jpg

Sims3CreateSim.jpg

800px-Sims_3_protest.jpg

Serideth

Wow this looks like what the Sims 2 SHOULD of been.

I was a massive fan of the original, but never really got into the second one for some reason, I just felt it was lacking or was too similar to the original. This seems pretty neat, the protest looks cool, graphics look nice as well.

birdman

The only flaw is the wait for pets. I wish they would have included them in the original game...

This is one thing that really pissed me off about the sims games, EA can get away with releasing the same features in expansion packs without ever adding them to the ORIGINAL game. god forbid they think up a new expansion pack idea.

I really hope they let the users build their own furniture/clothes in this one. Sims 2 really lacked that.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I really hope they let the users build their own furniture/clothes in this one. Sims 2 really lacked that.

I'm almost certain you will be able to.

I just read through the Wiki once more and didn't see anything but I'm almost positive I've read it somewhere else... *almost*

Serideth

This is one thing that really pissed me off about the sims games, EA can get away with releasing the same features in expansion packs without ever adding them to the ORIGINAL game. god forbid they think up a new expansion pack idea.

If I was able to do that I would worship this game.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I found the answer.
I don't have citations but in a PC Gamers mag they previewed it. They said you can change designs and patterns for all of the different furniture arrangements. This means you can match the patterns on couches and sofas to curtains and carpet. Sounds pretty cool. Hope that answers your question.

Blackout

you have no clue how bad my girlfriend wants this game and how worse she wants to play it on my pc.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
But can you import your own patterns?

That wasn't mentioned at all. My guess is no but there will more than likely be so many different patterns and maybe even a pattern editor. Maybe I'm wrong though. They might let you import pictures.

A lol at the idea of importing pictures for custom posters. Just imagine what some people will do.

you have no clue how bad my girlfriend wants this game and how worse she wants to play it on my pc.

Why yours?

Blackout

That wasn't mentioned at all. My guess is no but there will more than likely be so many different patterns and maybe even a pattern editor. Maybe I'm wrong though. They might let you import pictures.

A lol at the idea of importing pictures for custom posters. Just imagine what some people will do.

Why yours?

She knows how good my computer is when it comes to quality and performance. That and her laptop is crap.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Pre Ordered. :p
Im still huge fan of sims1 I still believe it had best expansion packs in all.
Sims3 looks pretty good, this only game im am hype for the pc right now.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I had to uninstall this because I was spending too much time on it.
I found the richest girl in the town and quit my job so I could be around her. I ended up marrying her in 7 (sim) days, took ownership of her house and made her her family move to my petty $10,000 house. I'm living in a mansion now so I can just fool around and I kept the wife to make the money. I got her pregnant so shes on maternity leave until the baby comes, but she cleans the house pretty good while shes home. Life's good.

Some things I didn't like was the aging factor. If I kept playing how I was, my young adult 'player' would be an old elderly man before the weekend. Also there are still no decent hairstyles at all and my guy looks emo now. The free-roaming is ok, but there's not much you can do that you can't do in your home faster and cheaper.