• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

There is a solution in the obsoleting R4

aero125

I have tried, and managed to port Y** with DSTT into my R4 and got it working. My R4 no longer obsolete now !

I can't find the Y**1.bmp and Y**2.bmp any more in the web for obvious reason, so I replaced them with my original bckgrd1.bmp and bckgrd2.bmp, and it worked !

There are some imperfections in the whole setup, such as the DS hang after activating the LRXYAB reset, and Jap games were unable to load ( perhaps due to the changing of the setting in the Y**.ini from Jap to Eng.

Overall, my R4 can now be updated to the latest dstt fw ( fw latest update 17 Jul 08 ) and got those previously v1.18 unplayable games like Incredible Hulk working. :D

Those bro out there with an obsoleting R4 ( fw last updated in Apr08 ) may want to read this thread on gbatemp hxxp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

(edit the links to make them work replace xx with tt to make the link live)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sounds good, thanks for the tip. Seems installing the firmware prevents you from running DLDI homebrew though, so I'll hold off for now.

longkheang

Can you upload the complete Custome DSTT on R4 to us? Cuz i have try but not work. Thank in advance for your kindness

aero125

Hi Mod,

Is it legal to upload the compiled R4_YSMenu_DSTT.zip to this thread ?

Compiled zip file include patched firmwares for R4 v1.18, DSTT v1.15, YSMenu (updated for dldi patched to support homebrew).

Darkchild

The Doctor
as long as its not hosted in this website, in other words, if you put it on rapidshare or any other file sharing services, it can be posted! just remember to keep checking the link.

aero125

Thks Darkchild.

Here's the link :-

http://rapidshare.com/files/147701227/New_YSMenu_TTDS_firmware_v115.rar.html

1. Unzip to get the folder New_YSMenu_TTDS_firmware_v115.

2. Copy out the content of this folder and put in mSD:/

3. Use your original moonshell files, leave out the original _system_ folder.

4. Games playable in and up to DSTT v1.15 are all playable in the above fw, including unpatched Hulk, Carnival Games ... etc.

5. Only LRXYAB reset dosen't seem to work well ....

6. You can't see a brightness control button on the screen at the upper left, but the control is there. Just tap on an imaginary button at the upper left screen and the brightness will vary.

7. Pressing the "start" button to go back to main menu works.

8. This customised fw can be updated when DSTT or Yasu update their fw.

9. I made the skins myself. You can make yours if u don't like.

Note :

Customised R4 patched and R4encrypted files include YSmenu dated 22May08 and 03Sep08 (dldi to supp homebrew), DSTT v1.15, R4v1.18.

Credit : Yasu, Spec2k, DSTT team, chishm

aero125

My concern is more on the R4 ( now in my son's DS ) being able to play the new games that are supported by DSTT. DS Organise worked, the rest .... not sure.

aero125

The custom fw is unable to play Jap games, not sure if this is the inherent constraint of DSTT v1.15. I do not have a DSTT so I couldn't test.

But Chinese version games are playable, tested.

If you have already dl the custom fw, you may want to try changing/switching the YSmenu.ini to support Jap, maybe Jap games can work then.

As for homebrew, Yasu updated in Sep 08 with a new ttextract to bring out a new R4dldi to support homebrew. Yasu has a very high reputation in the homebrew community along with gurus such as corly, chishm ... I would think the updated support for the R4 in homebrew application should now be more complete.

I use my DS almost 99.9% for playing games, so really I'm not in a position to say if the newly exrtacted R4dldi will support 100% homebrew, except the DSOrganise that I have in my system.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Can someone please answer if the regular R4 cheat files work with this firmware?
CHEAT.DAT ?? or if it doesn't work is there a way of cheating with this firmware?

I think all cheat.dat files work the same way, but just to be thorough download "usrcheatup"

it downloads the latest version of the cheat.dat and installs it automatically =)