• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

This site is full of cheaters and nothing is being done about it

Ginzoyel

Honestly this site is a joke. I've reported dozens and dozens of cheaters and not a single one of them has been banned or had their stats changed at all.
Each time I provided obvious and undeniable evidence that these guys had faked their stats.

Is there seriously not a single moderator or staff member handling any of these reports? I've essentially completely wasted my time reporting any of these people.
What is the point of the leaderboards, challenges, comps etc. if people just cheat their way through all the achievements.

Look at these two guys for example:

Literally hundreds of games all 100% completed within under 10 minutes... SURE MATE!

25 minutes and you completed 181 achievements for Gears huh bro? Sure you did.
This guy had basically completed every single achievement (137/137) for Forza 5 too right after it came out.

But wait bro... IT.GETS.WORSE

Every.single.game.cheated.
All achievements for every single game, in only a minute? YEAH OKAY MAN GGZ!!!
1,477,510 total achievements ROFL

It's not like I don't believe there are some people who live in videogames but all of these in ONLY A MINUTE?
RIIIIGHT

Last edited:

Ginzoyel

Oh and the irony here is that I'll probably get banned or flamed for this thread but this is a HUGE problem.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is this a troll thread?

You've only reported two users in the last two weeks, and both users were actually banned. All the users linked in your post have already been removed the leaderboards - some have been removed for months/years.

We don't remove the account entirely if one is caught cheating. They are just removed from the leaderboards.

Ginzoyel

Is this a troll thread?

You've only reported two users in the last two weeks, and both users were actually banned. All the users linked in your post have already been removed the leaderboards - some have been removed for months/years.

We don't remove the account entirely if one is caught cheating. They are just removed from the leaderboards.

All 3 of the people I just linked are unbanned and anyone can click on their account and see them both in the leaderboard and elsewhere.
I literally found these accounts through the leaderboards (otherwise how I even suspect to click on them), so something is wrong on your end.

I reported the first 2 of those accounts. The third one I haven't been bothered to report because you haven't done anything for the other reports. I bookmarked those and checked them basically 3 times a week and nothing was done. ALL 3 of these accounts still exist.

Why are their accounts still there then tracking games if they are banned??? What is your idea of "banning" then if a person still has an account, profile to show their cheated games and a place on the leaderboard? What is the deterrent of cheating then and what is the purpose and punishment of "banning"?

We don't remove the account entirely if one is caught cheating.

lmfao wtf is the use of this site if it can be absolutely populated with cheaters AT ALL. You need users that badly that you'll just leave these accounts up? What a joke.

Last edited:

Ciceron14

They may have been on the leaderboards before but they have been removed since, you can tell someone's banned when you see Not Ranked in their header.
As for the purpose, I have nothing to do with the maintaining the site but I'd wager it's not to "punish" anyone but simply to make sure legit players on the leaderboards aren't impacted.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 093723.png
Screenshot 2023-11-18 093738.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Please list the steps you used to find them on the leaderboards as they are not showing for me.

It seems a bit extreme to fully block accounts from using the site at all if they found to have cheated. It has nothing to do with retaining users. Other sites such as SteamHunters do the same thing.

IMO, it is useful that we keep the accounts up so others know these players have cheated. If we removed any trace of the profile you’d have no way of knowing. And I think the Not Ranked badge is pretty clear - not sure how you missed it, but at any rate… these players do not impact the stats in any way so they are effectively removed in that sense.