• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tomb Raider I - Will Not Work!

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
The Good old days of Tomb Raider I. Bad Graphics but the gameplay was orgasmic and with the Custom F/w it was one of the First game i tried with Pops. And.... It Failed...:sad:
Well Sort of.
Loading up its fine.
Menu screen and....No Music!
Ok, No problem, Click new game and Blank...
The Disappointment ran through me like a snake in the grass....

I have tried many times but all have failed but i noticed when ripping the ISO there are two separate tracks, one named data, the other audio. I always use "ISO Producer" if that means anything to anyone but it seems to work!

I guess this is a cry for help, but don't have sleepless nights if you can't help, its no biggie.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I would suggest using ISOBuster for your ISO ripping/creation, it works like a charm with CDDA audio, which is sounds like that has.

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Ok, The program rips the .iso and the Audio tracks separately, how do you get them to rip altogether as one ISO?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Right click on 'Session 1', pick 'Extract Session 1 <Content> and pick either 'Extract User Data' or 'Extract RAW Data', can't remember which one exactly, sorry, and then save as an .iso, there ya go.:smile:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You need to rip the data as raw so that it includes the CDDA tracks in the rip. Then you need to convert it with a version of popstation new enough to support CDDA rips (1.24 or newer). I used TR1 to get the TOC conversion worked out on my popsx.py script for linux. You NEED the CDDA tracks for TR1 (and a bunch of other games) to work correctly.

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
By God Chilly Willy you are a genius!
It Works Perfect!
Thank you for all the advice people :smile:
And if it is THE Chilly Willy on the credits for Popstation then it is an honor to speak with such a man.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If you read the MaxConsole Popstation CDDA thread, me and several others worked on the CDDA quite a bit. The Windows folks mostly used Clone CD, and I worked from CDRDAO and CDREAD in linux, but the info on CDDA in pops games was still the same - just different methods of getting the raw data.

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Yeah i found CloneCD was best, rather than IsoBuster. I Can't Believe how such a thing would effect the game aswell.