• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Ubisoft Announces 2010-2011 Fiscal Year Plans

TeamOverload

Along with new entries in the Raving Rabbids, Ghost Recon, and Driver series, Ubisoft has revealed that its fiscal year 2010-11 lineup will include a new entry in the Assassin's Creed series - with online multiplayer.

Ubisoft pulled out the big guns today to help make up for the downward financial outlook for fiscal year 2009-10, dropping franchise names left and right in order to paint a rosier picture for the coming year. One of those names is Assassin's Creed, with the next installment featuring online multiplayer - a first for the series.

From the press release:

"The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode."

So how do you take a stealth-action game like Assassin's Creed II and make it multiplayer? Put your speculation hats on, ladies and gentlemen, and fill the comment section with your wisdom. I'll start things off: Tag, you're dead.
The Next Assassin's Creed Features Online Multiplayer - Assassin's Creed - Kotaku

An online Assassins Creed will be interesting, although hard to pull off I'd say. Definitely curious to at least give it a try. Other than that, not a big fan of many of the other series mentioned. Most of them have kinda dried up by now, and just haven't been able to pack a big punch lately, so we'll have to see if Ubisoft managed to actually save itself with these.

Adiuvo

I can imagine one side being the guards and the other the assassin, but that's the only mode I can think of. Considering how hard it is to be sneaky in most games, they'll be hard pressed to make it balanced.