• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Ubisoft Confirms Assassin's Creed 3DS Cancellation

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ezio.jpg

Yet another 3DS title bites the dust. Ubisoft revealed today in a conference call for Q1 of its fiscal 2011-12 year that the 3DS installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise has been cancelled.

Despite today's confirmation, Ubisoft made the decision to can it awhile back -- September 2010 to be specific, three months after it was namedropped as 'Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy' during Nintendo's E3 2010 presser.

Ubi says the idea behind Lost Legacy wasn't thrown out, as it eventually morphed into Assassin's Creed Revelations[...]

Continue reading: Ubisoft Confirms Assassin's Creed 3DS Cancellation...

Riorio99

They're dropping 3DS games due to poor sales, but it's not gonna sell any more without big titles... I'm guessing the 3rd Party curse is hitting Nintendo again.

El Diablo

GBATemp said:
It seems that over the past few weeks quite a few publishers have decided to cancel various projects for the Nintendo 3DS. Some of them were highly anticipated; the present and future of the 3DS aren't looking too bright at this point to say the least. Let's summarize the cancelled projects:

* Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy (Ubisoft)
* My Garden (EA)
* DJ Hero 3 (Activision)
* Saints Row: Drive-by (THQ)
* Omega Five (Hudson)
* Kororinpa: Marble Mania (Hudson)
* Bonk (Hudson)
* Bomberman (Hudson)
* BloodRayne: The Shroud (TBC)
* MegaMan Legends (Capcom)
* Crush 3D (Sega) (TBC)

That's quite a lot of games and I know for a fact many of us were looking forward to playing at least one of the above. Tell us what you think about this. According to you what is the reason for all those cancellations? How do you explain this situation? Debate the subject by posting in this very thread.

A lot of games canceled/delayed recently for it. Personally I wasn't interested in any of them but I'm sure many people were. I couldn't care less about AC because I'm just sick of them pushing out at least one game a year from these series with the name on it to try and rake in the cash and get as much out of it before #3 and it's over, and even then I'm sure they will keep making them. I would rather see them put time and effort into legitimate sequels then change a few buildings, add a new story and keep everything else the same and sell it for a full price game.

But in all seriousness, if they continue to cancel and delay all these games, some that quite a few people were interested and looking into, that's only going to hurt sales even more. At this point after buying a 3ds and Zelda I'm almost regretting it (which I kind of expected) and I'm really tempted to just play through Master Quest real quick, beat it, then sell the system and game and try and get as much of my money back. Then a year or so down the line when there's some more games, maybe it's hacked or being closers to being hacked, I can buy a used one for half of what they are now. I just can't decide what to do right now.