• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Unreal Tournament 3

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
(I searched the entire "Game Discussion" section, all 29 pages of it and found no traces of thread about this so please merge if there exists one)

Who here plays this still? I'm playing the PS3 version and loving it... Just got out of a MP deathmatch of 40 frags where I won and the second only had 27 xD

No matter how empty it's shell might look UT3 is still one of the FPS out there (for me at least) no matter what anyone says... It's just plain fun.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I really like it too. I don't get why it gets so much hate. My main issue though is that since everyone on the PC hated it, there's no one playing online...like...at all. Last time I checked, there were only 3 people playing on a server that I had less than 100ms ping to. :\

There's more people playing UT than UT3...this makes me sad ;_;

I guess people just expect more from their online FPS's nowadays like BC2, TF2, MW2...Ah well.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I really like it too. I don't get why it gets so much hate. My main issue though is that since everyone on the PC hated it, there's no one playing online...like...at all. Last time I checked, there were only 3 people playing on a server that I had less than 100ms ping to. :\

There's more people playing UT than UT3...this makes me sad ;_;

I guess people just expect more from their online FPS's nowadays like BC2, TF2, MW2...Ah well.

What more could one expect?

It's the same old UT but wiht a different campaign mode (that is longer btw) and better graphics.

It's just fun tbh :p

El Diablo

That's how I feel about CS. It's just a lot of fun and imo one of the best FPS's but since it isn't mw2 people won't play it like they used to.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
That's how I feel about CS. It's just a lot of fun and imo one of the best FPS's but since it isn't mw2 people won't play it like they used to.

Current Players__Peak Today___Game
50,080_________60,064_______Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
48,973_________56,648_______Counter-Strike
47,843_________58,143_______Counter-Strike: Source

Bonus
211____________315_________Unreal Tournament 3

Statistics would disagree with you. :p

El Diablo

I knew not as many people played UT as CS, but I didn't think CS was that high, definitely doesn't feel like that when trying to find servers.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I guess the console versions are faring a little better..

I'm going to go play in a bit :p I want more killing xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I guess the console versions are faring a little better..

I'm going to go play in a bit :p I want more killing xD

Probably. Console gamers tend to be less fussy over small differences and less spiteful.

Just a sidenote though, that's the figures for UT3 as it's being played on Steam. The figure may be higher overall since it doesn't account for players using the non-steam version.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's missing some of my favorite game modes from UT2k4 and the mod community isn't as large (last I played at least)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It's missing some of my favorite game modes from UT2k4 and the mod community isn't as large (last I played at least)

Care to elaborate what modes?

Personally I hated UT2k4. Was my least favourite UT game. Really loved UT back in the day when I'd head up to a friends house to play with him. He had a kick ass 2Mbit connection back then and two computers setup to play. :cool: