• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Untracked games (self-reported Nintendo 3DS, DS, etc.) not counting towards total games and hours

mike1024

The title says it all. Is there any way to correct this? I'd like to have the total number of hours and games on my profile rather than just the ones that can sync automatically. They also don't appear on my gamercard.

By the way, thank you for being the only place in the world that can track Nintendo Switch progress down to the minute. Sure, having to deal with the last 20 games issue was slow and a little annoying, but it's worth it!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, currently manually added games do not count towards the tracked totals. We do plan on changing this as part of a future update.

SamXavia

Thank you for the information! Is there any timetable on this future update?
I don't think there are any plans on making self-reported games to be added to the total playtime due to people can simply lie. One of the only ways you can get a time of an older game is by emulating it through RetroAchievements allowing you to gain time, achievements and it will then update onto ExoPhase.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for the late reply (I was a bit busy due to the holidays). I don’t have an exact timeline for now but probably in the next few months.

I don’t think adding self reported hours to the total is an issue since it’s not used for rankings or anything, if people lie that just makes their own profile inaccurate.

It was setup like this since the manual database is completely separate from the tracked side, so more work needs to be done to bridge some of the data over.

mike1024

Sorry for the late reply (I was a bit busy due to the holidays). I don’t have an exact timeline for now but probably in the next few months.

I don’t think adding self reported hours to the total is an issue since it’s not used for rankings or anything, if people lie that just makes their own profile inaccurate.

It was setup like this since the manual database is completely separate from the tracked side, so more work needs to be done to bridge some of the data over.
Great, thank you! I figured people lying would be unfortunate for themselves but ultimately didn't hurt anything if they aren't rewarded for non-tracked games. Myself, I've only added self-reported things that track time within the game itself or from a system with a reliable tracking system (i.e. 3DS and Wii U). I'll look forward to the update when it releases!