• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Update achievements earned

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do you notice any specific games where the achievement counts are off?

There are a few reasons why the overall count could be different:

- Steam seems to count removed achievements in its total.

- Games played through the sharing feature only show up under recently played on Steam, so they may not be picked up if you haven't played them since adding your profile to the site.

lylat

oh nvm , I had around 400 achieves listed at the time of writing this but It's updated now :p

Thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cos

Hi, I'm a moderator on AStats and have access to the logs associated with Stingygamer's ban on that site.

Original reports:

Report 1, 2014-06-01 - 21:04:02
Report 2, 2014-09-07 - 22:45:01

Name: Stingygamer

Game: Fallen Earth

Link: http://astats.astats.nl/astats/User_Info.php?SteamID64=76561198106288150

Reason: To many identical timestaps. Some broken achievements. And you can not kill 5000 Chickens, 5000 Creepers and such things in only 11 hours.​

Moderator's notes, 2014-09-08 08:51:02:

Borderlands: last 3 unlocks, the arena DLC are the same timestamp.
La-Mulana: The first achievement in the game is unlocked at the same time as 4 others, 2 of them (orange) very late in the game with nothing else in between.
Cave Story: Gets S rank on Blood Stained Sanctuary, then a minute later, A, B, and C rank at the same time and the machine gun achievement.
No other unlocks in the game, including the Undead Core storyline achievement which should take place before Blood Stained Sanctuary.
Fallen Earth: A lot of identical timestamps, it cannot be an old account, because there are a few minutes between some of these batches, there are also ancient broken achievements in some of these batches which doesn't make sense.
Papers, Please: Last 9 achievements are identical (69%), obtained an hour after an achievement in an unrelated game.
Fallout: New Vegas: 89% identical timestamps.

Addendum, 2015-07-22:

Fallen Earth: One of them unlocked on 2014-09-06 23:01:23 (Keep F@#$%*& That Turducken, reported broken on 2014-06-16 19:31:48 with the reason: Removed content) was registered as relocked on 2015-05-03 15:48:53.
Killing Floor: Achievement originally unlocked on 2014-09-25 02:41:08 (A Bit Barmy [Win a Long Game on Bedlam, on Normal Difficulty.]) was relocked on 2014-12-03 03:17:59. An unrelated achievement from the same game is still registered as unlocked was unlocked on 2014-09-25 02:41:17 (Astro Buffer Afficiando [Beat Steamland on Normal Difficulty]).
Fallout: New Vegas: 7 achievements registered on 2014-05-28 15:50:44 appear to have been relocked on 2015-05-30 03:45:32.

No further notes and no attempts made for appeal.

Hope that helps.
Cos.

Last edited:

stingygamer

My fallout new vegas stats are from this year, please check again. Maybe you have an error because I didn't unlock them the way they are on your site.

Many people have unusual fallen earth unlocks, even getting broken achievements. Broken achievements are not always broken for everyone. While some of these are admittedly unusual, I've seen a lot of weird stuff in that game and wouldn't assume cheats. Also, there are user maps made by other gamers which can set up advantageous situations.

Even you have unusual fallen earth unlocks.
http://www.exophase.com/game/fallen-earth-steam-2/achievements/#20556

borderlands- I had a non-steam version of the game which unlocked some achievements when I opened my save with the steam version. Because I earned them outside of steam, I think they are fair.

La mulana- all these are possible easily except those orange ones, which I got by playing with a friend's save game.

Cave story- Odd that the machine gun achievement unlocked at that time when I earned it earlier. I really don't know how that happened, maybe just a glitch. Anyway I got it legit earlier so it doesn't matter. The S,A,B, and C ranks are possible to get together because the S one must have unlocked at 5:47:59 and the others came a split second later, registering as 5:48.

again, fallen earth is glitched to oblivion. I have contacted steam support and asked them to erase about 25 of them, because they glitched in when I didn't earn them.

Papers, please- Shared the game with my sister on the same PC and she played offline. I loaded her save and BAM! There they popped.

New vegas- Hmm, I'm not seeing 85% identical.

In killing floor, not all "broken" achievements were broken for everybody. It's well known that the achievements in question were mainly broken for those using the game in UK, because of communication errors with the steam achievement unlock server in washington state.

MIB2

Hello, I am also a senior administrator on Astats.

I'm going to chime in with a few observations:

Cave Story + - accessing Blood Stained Sanctuary through the menu is only possible once a player reaches the final part of the game, which is inseparable from getting quite a number of story-related achievements along the way.

Killing Floor - I have never in all my years of dealing with achievements and playing this game heard of anyone mentioning that particular problem, either on our side or on the game forums. It would be interesting if you could post some links for educational purposes.

La-Mulana / Papers, Please - we at Astats consider using save files created by other people to fall under category "Not getting achievements personally", please refer to our Rules page - http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Guidelines.php

Furthermore, let us take a look at your Left 4 Dead. I am going to leave the matter of you almost 100%ing the game save for one achievement in the record 20 hours alone, god knows there are many talented individuals out there. That being said, there are far more impressive feats present on your Steam page. Let's have a look. First, you have the achievement Legendary Survivor http://puu.sh/j90Zj/c2deddf694.jpg
That one is awarded for getting gold on every survival level. Yet the survival stat page is not giving you enough credit! It preports that you've never even played some of the levels, and only got bronze and silver on others http://puu.sh/j914T/9c890c77ab.jpg
Now for the biggest achievement. I can only say that I can only aspire to get achievements across 2 different game modes for two different factions at the same time http://puu.sh/j91sS/cda31f13f5.png
Truly. Bravo!

Last edited:

Cos

For Fallen Earth, it's normal that they unlock in batches and that's the case for everyone and not unusual at all, but on your page there are are multiple big batches less than minutes apart that would take hours to unlock.
They unlock new achievements in batches upon logging out after a session, and do not award players with achievements they haven't earned.

The broken achievements you have in the game are considered broken as a result of removed content. The Blackjack minigame was removed years ago and so are a lot of these skills whose associated achievements you've unlocked in 2015. Furthermore Steam Support doesn't assist users in deleting achievements, to my knowledge the only way to do that is SAM.

Fallen Earth is an MMO and requires you to be connected to their servers to play, so I'm not aware of any sort of usermaps for the game.

For Borderlands, I can see that a savefile was used for the early unlocks, these aren't included in that batch.
These three are the last unlocks on your page, between the first big cluster and these three, you have unclustered achievements.
Even if these three can retroactively unlock from save file (as this is only the case for a selection of Borderland's achievements), then it would rather indicate that you used someone elses' savefile than your own.

For New Vegas, these achievements were unlocked in 2014 and later reset with SAM. On AStats, records of your unlocks are kept and don't disappear if you've re-earned the achievements already (creating a disrespancy in timestamps between your Steam stats page and AStats page).
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?Tab=2&AppID=22380&SteamID64=76561198106288150
These, originally included in the registered batch were not achieved on Steam (after relock) at the time your page was updated on the site, and thus are correctly acknowledged as deleted:
6f5d1269fb.jpg

For Cave Story your S rank is registered on 2014-09-06 23:47:51 while the rest are at 2014-09-06 23:48:08, this is 17 seconds. Blood Stained Sanctuary also isn't accessible until the game has been beaten with the best ending, but according to these unlocks you were 5% into the game.
Steam's API reflects that as well (not far into the game):
"name": "damage","value": 46

For Killing Floor you do not have any broken achievements, but a certain achievement for beating a map has been relocked and was originally unlocked 9 seconds before another, unrelated map-achievement.
2dd21380bc.jpg

d13fa45148.png

Last edited:

stingygamer

Hello, I am also a senior administrator on Astats.

I'm going to chime in with a few observations:

Cave Story + - accessing Blood Stained Sanctuary through the menu is only possible once a player reaches the final part of the game, which is inseparable from getting quite a number of story-related achievements along the way.

Killing Floor - I have never in all my years of dealing with achievements and playing this game heard of anyone mentioning that particular problem, either on our side or on the game forums. It would be interesting if you could post some links for educational purposes.

La-Mulana / Papers, Please - we at Astats consider using save files created by other people to fall under category "Not getting achievements personally", please refer to our Rules page - http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Guidelines.php

Furthermore, let us take a look at your Left 4 Dead. I am going to leave the matter of you almost 100%ing the game save for one achievement in the record 20 hours alone, god knows there are many talented individuals out there. That being said, there are far more impressive feats present on your Steam page. Let's have a look. First, you have the achievement Legendary Survivor http://puu.sh/j90Zj/c2deddf694.jpg
That one is awarded for getting gold on every survival level. Yet the survival stat page is not giving you enough credit! It preports that you've never even played some of the levels, and only got bronze and silver on others http://puu.sh/j914T/9c890c77ab.jpg
Now for the biggest achievement. I can only say that I can only aspire to get achievements across 2 different game modes for two different factions at the same time http://puu.sh/j91sS/cda31f13f5.png
Truly. Bravo!

Cave story- i didnt access it thru the menu. read my post plz.
killing floor- theres no problem to talk about. Broken achievements arent always broken for everyone
La mulana- You do, so you banned me. I don't consider save files cheating except in extreme circumstances.
Left 4 dead- You can play offline you know, and that progress would not be recorded on the stats page. For your final image, it's again called offline play. I would appreciate it if this conversation were continues in a new thread, the topic of this thread is the site not seeing people's achievements.

stingygamer

For Fallen Earth, it's normal that they unlock in batches and that's the case for everyone and not unusual at all, but on your page there are are multiple big batches less than minutes apart that would take hours to unlock.
They unlock new achievements in batches upon logging out after a session, and do not award players with achievements they haven't earned.

The broken achievements you have in the game are considered broken as a result of removed content. The Blackjack minigame was removed years ago and so are a lot of these skills whose associated achievements you've unlocked in 2015. Furthermore Steam Support doesn't assist users in deleting achievements, to my knowledge the only way to do that is SAM.

Fallen Earth is an MMO and requires you to be connected to their servers to play, so I'm not aware of any sort of usermaps for the game.

For Borderlands, I can see that a savefile was used for the early unlocks, these aren't included in that batch.
These three are the last unlocks on your page, between the first big cluster and these three, you have unclustered achievements.
Even if these three can retroactively unlock from save file (as this is only the case for a selection of Borderland's achievements), then it would rather indicate that you used someone elses' savefile than your own.

For New Vegas, these achievements were unlocked in 2014 and later reset with SAM. On AStats, records of your unlocks are kept and don't disappear if you've re-earned the achievements already (creating a disrespancy in timestamps between your Steam stats page and AStats page).
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?Tab=2&AppID=22380&SteamID64=76561198106288150
These, originally included in the registered batch were not achieved on Steam (after relock) at the time your page was updated on the site, and thus are correctly acknowledged as deleted:
6f5d1269fb.jpg

For Cave Story your S rank is registered on 2014-09-06 23:47:51 while the rest are at 2014-09-06 23:48:08, this is 17 seconds. Blood Stained Sanctuary also isn't accessible until the game has been beaten with the best ending, but according to these unlocks you were 5% into the game.
Steam's API reflects that as well (not far into the game):
"name": "damage","value": 46

For Killing Floor you do not have any broken achievements, but a certain achievement for beating a map has been relocked and was originally unlocked 9 seconds before another, unrelated map-achievement.
2dd21380bc.jpg

d13fa45148.png
The only new issue here is Fallout new vegas, and i dont know how this happened. I played the game a lot last month and earned my achievements legit then.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The only new issue here is Fallout new vegas, and i dont know how this happened. I played the game a lot last month and earned my achievements legit then.

Guess it's time for me to weigh in here now...

As Cos mentioned I'm pretty sure the only way that could've happened is if you used SAM. I've never seen Steam re-unlock achievements before under normal circumstances.

Even if it was a game bug, I don't find your explanations for the other accusations to be convincing enough. Sorry.

Lastly, regardless of the cheating I don't appreciate that you were never upfront about the VAC ban (this is what personally shocked me).

All in all this is very disappointing. I brought you on because I thought you were trustworthy, but I don't feel that is the case anymore. Although I would like to give you another chance, I can't. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to cheaters and that should apply to any members of the team as well. I believe your intentions were sincere but somewhat misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.