• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using online on password'd internet?

Blazing angel

You know when you go to airport, or hotel, they give you some code tht you have to put in to use wi fi? well, i was wodnering if there was any way you could log in to it and use it for online? becuase usually, you need a interent browser for it/

maybe irshell switch between umd/netfront?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You know when you go to airport, or hotel, they give you some code tht you have to put in to use wi fi? well, i was wodnering if there was any way you could log in to it and use it for online? becuase usually, you need a interent browser for it/

maybe irshell switch between umd/netfront?

If the sign-on page works on your PSP I see no reason why not.

Hellcat

Contributor
When setting up an internet connection on the PSP, when you choose to do custom settings, there's an option "launch browser".

Try that one.

If an internet connection is established using the FW's API, before the dialog where you also choose the AP to use, closes the web brower comes up and lets you log in to the net.
When done, close the brower and it'll continue back into the app/game that established the internet connection and internet should be available then.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
that should work fine on any psp.

Just try to access the internet using the browser on your PSP.
Then make the login.
Exit the browser after login is successful
Go into desired game and play online, or w/e.

I have a very similar connection in this city and it works fine.

Why in the blue hell you would complicate so much something so simple is beyond me.

Hellcat

Contributor
Why in the blue hell you would complicate so much something so simple is beyond me.
Why complicated?
It's just one option to set and using the result :)

The way you described doesn't always work for me, sometimes the PSP just shuts down/off the WiFi between manual brower->game hop/switch and depending on the AP that can (not saying it will) break/loose login/connection.

Blazing angel

thanks for the help guys, but i have 1 more problem. when i usr the internet browser method via hellcat,, the connection is blacked out when playing a game. but ti works on the xmb (remote play,etc)