• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Valve Expresses Interest In Wii U

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wiiuhl.jpg

While Valve has always admired Nintendo, the company remains distant from the Wii for an obvious reason, the lack of power under the hood. Has the recent Wii U announcement piqued Valve's interest? You betcha.[...]

Continue reading: Valve Expresses Interest In Wii U...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Valve, please stop everything you plan on doing and pop out Half Life 3 already.

Nookadum

And fuck up the gameplay/storyline? Hell no. They can delay it all they can, as long as it results in a great game.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I could actually care less about Valve these days. They've only got a few titles to work with, similar to Activision Blizzard and don't stray too far from their comfort zone....of taking forever to develop a game. Steam is awesome, Portal 2 is awesome, but even if Valve does decide to make something on the Wii U it will most likely be a port of a game that would come to the other consoles and will take 3+ years after the console's launch.

El Diablo

Meh I would rather have Blizzard and Valve take a long time to make games, and in turn make high quality games worth playing instead of Activision forcing companies like Treyarch and IW and whoever else to pump out games every year that either 1. completely suck or 2. are the same exact thing as the other ones with slight differences. Maybe if more people took their time like them the market wouldn't be so saturated with half ass made games loaded with DLC that aren't worth playing or buying.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Meh I would rather have Blizzard and Valve take a long time to make games, and in turn make high quality games worth playing instead of Activision forcing companies like Treyarch and IW and whoever else to pump out games every year that either 1. completely suck or 2. are the same exact thing as the other ones with slight differences. Maybe if more people took their time like them the market wouldn't be so saturated with half ass made games loaded with DLC that aren't worth playing or buying.

The long time that Valve and Blizzard take seems more like laziness than full development time. I just haven't been too impressed with their latest offerings. I loved Portal 2 but it was extremely short lived. I bought both L4D and L4D2 and probably haven't even put more than 1 hour into the games combined. I just want them to make a new IP if they're going to take long to develop a game. It's anyone's guess why HL2:E3 is taking as long as it is.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The long time that Valve and Blizzard take seems more like laziness than full development time. I just haven't been too impressed with their latest offerings. I loved Portal 2 but it was extremely short lived. I bought both L4D and L4D2 and probably haven't even put more than 1 hour into the games combined. I just want them to make a new IP if they're going to take long to develop a game. It's anyone's guess why HL2:E3 is taking as long as it is.

The first L4D was awesome. I didn't really enjoy the seconded one as much but it was still fun to play with friends.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The first L4D was awesome. I didn't really enjoy the seconded one as much but it was still fun to play with friends.

Yeah, I logged 100s of hours into the first L4D. Didn't stick with the sequel anywhere near as long. It was improved in almost every aspect, but even with all the new stuff added it felt like the freshness factor was gone. That, and I didn't like the maps as much. I feel it could have really benefited from another year in development.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I have no doubt I would've logged over 30+ hours in L4D if I had people to play with but none of my friends had the game nor computers that could play it so I was SOL. It's a fun game no doubt but my main problem was the quick release of L4D2 which was something very unusual for Valve and was anything but a proper "sequel". I'm really tired of seeing the same thing from Valve and am looking forward to any new IPs they may have in the future (aside from "DOTA")