• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wart Removal

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I noticed that we don't have a thread about this yet, and so I figured I'd make one considering that it might be useful for some people.

Warts can be incredibly annoying. I've had a few that have been incredibly persistent, and no amount of salyitic acid or liquid nitrogen has worked on them. So recently, I've taken to reading about home remedies, and am aiming to get rid of my warts before heading off to college.

I've noticed that a number of my friends have warts, and that it tends to be a problem for a lot of people.

This thread is devoted to discussion of various treatments for warts. I know that this is not a health forum, and that google searches can bring you to many results, but that's the problem: there are just too many. Things have been suggested ranging from Apple Cider Vinegar to orange and banana peels to potatoes to cooked cabbage. So I thought it would be useful to have some consensus on remedies here.

So does anyone have any home remedies that have worked for them in the past? Or is anyone willing to report on various home remedies that they might currently be attempting? Or is this not even an issue with people here?

Discuss.

Slasher

Suck It
When I was younger I used to get warts from time to time, usually on my hands. I don't know what it was but I just sort of grew out of them. Haven't had one for about at least 8 years.

Sullivan

I had one, I hated it so much.

I tried this one freezing kits, it worked, but then it grew back a bit later in a few weeks. So i eventually got rid of it, but literally ripping the biggest amount out, letting the skin heal back over in a few days, then using the freezing kit again. You want to remove the root of it. Thats the best way, its going to be painful to rip it out, and bloody, its nasty to think about, but thats how I got rid of mine.

Scorned

After years of bloody war against the almost indestructible strength of Wart, years of anguish and torment under the Wart, years of inextinguishable hells, i've come to love and embrace my wart.

eighty4

Fucking burn it. Honestly, it'll become dead skin and it'll come right off without any puss, blood or any type of goo falling out. After you peel it off, you'll want to get some tweezers and search around inside your skin for the root and rip that bad boy out. And poof, no more warts.

Zx30

Beto
I've only had one in my life. I was young. Somewhere in the 12-15 age? I'm not sure. I just went to the doctor and they freezed it. After that they just cut it off. Never grew again. Was located at the top right of my palm on the left hand.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I have one on my thumb and one on my elbow.
Been freezing those bad boys.
I'm thinking I'mma just go to the doctors and have them murder the pests.

(IDK why I felt like talking in that manner)

Sullivan

I have one on my thumb and one on my elbow.
Been freezing those bad boys.
I'm thinking I'mma just go to the doctors and have them murder the pests.

(IDK why I felt like talking in that manner)

Rip them out yourself, doctors is even more painful I hear.

Anyways, I had mine on my elbow about 2-2 1/2 years ago. I thought they were really rare too, I wouldn't have gotten it if this person on my bus didn't have it, I tried to stay away from him, it was really nasty.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
most warts or verrucas take months to treat, and are not always gotten rid of first time. get Bazuka or Bazuka extra strength, keep filing it down day by day until the root is exposed, it may take over a month. then keep treating it, don't stop treating it, and you gotta treat it every day or it just wont go away.

i heard banana skin held against a verruca overnight helps to kill it off so maybe that would work on warts too? I work in a pharmacy so i hear of all sorts of remedies, but the only way any of them work is by ruthlessly treating them everyday until they go. some come back after a few months despite the fact they seemed to have gone and this is usually because the treatment was not completed.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
When i was a kid, i woke up one night finding my wart really itchy so i bit it off and went back to sleep. And it never came back since.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Lay off the toad.

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't resist:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNZ2TykHtA[/yt]

On topic though..., if I recall correctly, I had one when I was really young and just used one of those band-aid ones with that special ointment...I can't remember what it is called. After that one time, I've never gotten any anymore.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I had one years ago under my left heel. I had the diameter of a dime. Took me about 2 years ago to get rid of that thing. I suggest burning it or using duct tape.

oh2d

Years ago a friend of mine had a few warts on the bottom of her foot and she got them frozen off...she said it hurt like h***

SeanyP

ewwww, i remember my friend having loads of little ones all over his fingers, it was gross.