• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Xbox.com | Watchmen: The End Is Nigh - Game Detail Page

This looks like a quality game. One problem.

It is 1600 points ($20 for PSN and PC). WAY too expensive for an arcade game. Many people in Major Nelson's blog were complaining that it is Microsoft's fault for a high price. One note: That is the same price as GTA: The Lost and Damned.

But it is obviously Warner Bros. This looks like obvious movie tie-in shovelware, even though the graphics are superior for an arcade game. There is no online co-op, the game is short (6 chapters long), and from what Andy said in Major's blog, the game is supposed to be episodic like Penny Arcade's games. So, they will release more content for an extra 1600 points. That is just crazy.

I am definitely passing. I am saving for the Texas Flood album for Rock Band 2 and the upcoming Fallout 3 DLC. Those will be SO much better than this overpriced promotional skank.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Why would people think it's Microsoft's fault for the high price? :confused:

Sinfulfate

$20 for this game doesn't seem too expensive to me. No online co-op sucks but as long as the game has a cool combat system and is a decent length, I'll definitely buy it.

I dont understand why people think DLC or arcade have to be really cheap. People complained about the price on the GTA IV DLC, braid, and now this. There are many 6-8 hour $60 games yet no one complains about them like Uncharted or Heavenly sword. Also if Watchmen was released last gen it would have been $50 easy.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
20$!?
Wow no way im buying watchmen. At that price I could buy 3 xbl/DLC games.

twelve

I'm not dead
I played the PSN demo. Seems like a solid brawler but I'm not paying that much for a downloadable game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
If it wasn't so repetitive, it would be fun. Watching Rorshack rage out on someone's face is pretty amusing.

hippie

i picked this up the day it came out and i thought it was pretty good although what abe said is true it is a VERY repetitive game