• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What exactly does Kernel mode mean?

yasagani

And what is the difference between normal and kernel mode? Is it for regular users or developers?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Developers, in kernel mode you have access to more functions and resources such as the media engine.

XsavioR

for a regular user , youll need to know a little about it.. Check out my poost on homebrew and prx,, the first link in it . oe usage manual. The only ything you need to worry about it for ,, is setting your game folder kernal, And thats in the post.

yasagani

aside from the fact that I couldn't really find it, my main question was really intended to be "would I be able to do anything that would enhance my gameplay with certain programs under kernel mode" but that was answered really.

now my main question is what exactly would changing my CPU speed mean? would it improve my games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes, generally it makes them run smoother. You can change the speed via the recovery menu, only drawback is that 333MHz will make the battery run out quicker.

yasagani

oh cool, that's nice. I guess it's safe when it's in the adapter tho, right?

also wouldn't it be too much of a speed boost? I'm thinking super sonic gameplay isn't really playable hehe.