• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 What happens when you swap a broken 360...

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Hey guys. I bought a second Xbox 360 today from Wal-mart for $149. I opened up the box and tore off the faceplate right away to see what dvd drive it had. Then I saw that the warranty sticker had been ripped off and the front 2 sideplate hinges came off. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK!!!".

Okay so I thought about it and I was going to flash the dvd drive anyway so then I calmed down a bit. BUT THEN, I plugged it in to make sure it was working before I put it in my closet to idle until I take a trip up to the modding store, then I turned it on and bingo. Video output isn't working. Tried with two different cables and different televisions.

So I managed to find the receipt, and i'm going to bring it back to fucking Wal-mart and demand a new one. Do you think they will take it? No way MS is going to since there is no Warranty sticker on it. It was rather jsut a poorly factory refurbished one that I got stuck with or some guy did the old Xbox Swap trick.

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
They will take it back since it doesn't work and you have the receipt.

Dan

Contributor
Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure they'd refund you for it, even if it is second hand, they're still the retailer. Some guy probably did the swap trick. I have to admit, i've sold a PS2 once down at gamestation after it blew up and i feel bad about it now. A lot of these problems could be avoided if the stores actually checked the console before they bought it.

I hope you get a refund.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
You can return it as long as it within 14 days, after that its a bunch of trouble to return opened electronics

Its also not rare for Walmart to sell used 360's as new either. I made that mistake before also. Just make sure to see if the box is open before you buy it. If its new it should sealed closed. Also if your looking at the box in detail, might as well see if they have any Jaspers as those are the newest 'rrod proof' ones

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Yeah, all recent 360s come with an HDMI as standard and a LiteOn DG-16D2S DVD drive.

There's supposedly a 512MB internal memory version out now floating around in stores. I picked one up recently but didn't snatch one of those up, but a 256MB version instead. I'm still happy about it though since it's a Jasper revision.

Be sure to check the contents in the box before leaving the store too. They should have no problem letting you do that seeing as though you were jipped with a used one, with no HDMI port at that.