• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What kind of internet

bwalker

Just curious of what internet you guys have

Provider: Verizon
Type: Fiber 2 door, ethernet in house
Average speed: 12-16Mb
Supposed to get : 20mb

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I have the best possible internet where I live without paying 300+ dollars a month, but it's still pretty damn slow, had dial-up 'til this January, actually.

Provider- MCTC
Type- DSL, Ethernet in house
Average speed- 1Mb
Supposed to get- 1Mb

bwalker

yeah the fios was new to my area and my parents hated comcast so they got all three thigns from verizon for like 120 a month i think

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Provider: Cox
Type: Cable, Ethernet in house
Average download speed: 10mbit
Average upload speed: 512kbps

Great download speed, but the upload speed just plain sucks :sad: I wish Verizon FiOS was available in my area..

Cheezeball99

Sounds like you're gettin screwed, DC. Even I download at 130Kb

EDIT:
My internet is under contract... But look on the bright side =) unlimited bandwidth
which means I can download whatever I want and don't have to pay anything Xtra =D

Oh, likewise, I usually average at least 70 or 80GB a month :biggrin:

Darkchild

The Doctor
My internet is under contract... But look on the bright side =) unlimited bandwidth
which means I can download whatever I want and don't have to pay anything Xtra =D

Roe

Provider: eircom
Type: ISDN
Average download speed: 7-8kb/s
Average Upload speed: 30-40kb/s
:sad:

Cheezeball99

Don't feel bad, roe, I had dial-up, ya know, 56k, 3-4kb down and 4-5kb up til this January. High-speed DSL was my Christmas present for myself.:biggrin:

EDIT: Yea, we didn't either, because I live about 10 miles from the nearest town, but then they ran new cables, all the way out to nowhere, and I was good.:D

Roe

Ya see the problem with where I live(out in the middle of nowhere) is that we can't even get that kind of internet. So I would get it but I can't. :sad:

Darkchild

The Doctor
Ya see the problem with where I live(out in the middle of nowhere) is that we can't even get that kind of internet. So I would get it but I can't. :sad:

In Portugal we don't have that problem ^^ everywhere you are...there's high speed internet, and "in the middle of nowhere" it's even faster :O