• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Which game to get (multiplayer)?

LocutusEstBorg

For the first time in history, a store is buying back used games in India (they have a list which includes all the stuff I own). I'm gonna get rid of HL1 & expansions, HL2, L4D, CoD4, BF2 & 2142.

The only multiplayer games I saw there were L4D2 and OrangeBox (for TF2), both of which I don't really like :/
I'll get around $15 for three games which will cover the cost of one of the above.

I only played TF2 during the free weekends but the learning curve was too steep for me to appreciate it in such a short period. I could also pick up EFLC cos the box is cool with the map & posters and all for $10, but I found that you can signin with a LIVE enabled profile on a pirated EFLC with an original GTAIV key to get the achievements.

Any other game recommendations?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Umm, how can you sell HL2 and L4D? They're tied to your steam account :\

Can't really say what to recommend without knowing what all they have in stock. No point saying a game and you can't get it. From what you've said is available though, I'd choose The Orange Box. Yes, TF2 can be difficult at times, especially when you're starting out but my god, I've put about 150 hours into that game and it never gets old. I love it :D

LocutusEstBorg

Umm, how can you sell HL2 and L4D? They're tied to your steam account :\

Can't really say what to recommend without knowing what all they have in stock. No point saying a game and you can't get it. From what you've said is available though, I'd choose The Orange Box. Yes, TF2 can be difficult at times, especially when you're starting out but my god, I've put about 150 hours into that game and it never gets old. I love it :D

Who knows, its in their list of games. The discs are manufactured and packaged in India; part of the reason they're dirt cheap. The keys can't be registered from foreign IPs. Maybe they get them revoked or transferred to the new buyer's account since they have the box.

Or maybe they have no clue about Steam. Either way I have no qualms about screwing them over since they are a bunch of crooks who sell fake memory cards and accessories at full price.

I'll probably get Orange Box unless I see something more interesting. If my HL2 gets revoked later I'll buy the Source Multiplayer Pack to get back CS:S.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They took back all the stuff except for HL2 and I got both Orange Box and L4D2 for $7.5.

Apparently they wouldn't take back my "Half-Life 2 *includes Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch" and only accepted Half-Life 2 which is 1/3rd the price. Wouldn't even take it back at the buy back price of just Half-Life 2. Fuckwits.

Now to wait and see if the games get deactivated from my Steam account. Otherwise I've effectively scammed them out of 2 games at the loss of CoD4 which I don't play anymore. BF2142 keys are also locked to your EA account like Steam.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Wonder why they're so cheap? This POS is supposed to be genuine packaging.