• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

wii twilight hack

rabbit

Awesome
Nope, not at the moment. At least I don't think so. It's a user mode hack, isn't it? I'm not sure!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The Wii Twilight hack itself is safe. I haven't heard of anyone bricking from using it.

Darkchild

The Doctor
bricking is more for kernel based actions, since it doesn't touch the firmware (I think) there is no risk of bricking :3

nevster

thats pretty sweet than lol... mine turns up in a week or to and im obviously thinking of using homebrew on it, has anyone here done it yet? was hoping someone could give me an idea on the sort of things that can be run on it and done with it....

nevster

what is wiikey and what does it do please mate? edit: done some research and now know its a modchip....

so wii twilight is a channel? what does that mean?

edit: so i just looked up the twilight hack, watched the video where its run through a zelda game, so what does it do? will it alow me to play my backed up gamecube and wii games? the video only shows a black screen with writing on and its not very clear.

also once the hack is done does it stay there or will it have to be run everytime the system is rebooted?

and if it does stay there will i still be able to use the wii normally? ie. use everything on the main menu screen of the wii? go online?

rabbit

Awesome
Currently there isn't too much Wii homebrew. There's a Linux POC, an mp3 player, and something else. The homebrew channel doesn't (yet) let you play backups, and it will stay forever once you install it.