• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Wii U Has Injustice Developer Stumped

David Sanchez

Injustice.jpg

It seems fighting games are a bit tricky to develop for the upcoming Wii U. Tekken designer Katsuhiro Harada recently stated that using the Wii U GamePad could prove to be "distracting" for fighting games. Now it looks like Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon is echoing the same sentiments. Speaking to Polygon, the creative director for NetherRealm Studios explained how he wants to avoid making a game that feels gimmicky.

"Right now, all the systems are in parity with the same feature sets," said Boon.

Continue reading...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
eh?, i think this controller could provide a whole new way of approaching fighting games, I can imagine something like Skate's system with using the analog stick to draw movements, except, now we have an entire touchscreen to draw move combinations on.

not saying it doesn't have a good bit of work, but i think targeting the Wii U with a traditional gamer pad approach is wrong.

hush404

As with most cool tech, it'll be under utilized by most developers. UMvC3 on Vita for example... where you pound 1 onscreen button to get your fighter to pull off their best moves :(

wolfniggr

Not sure if the pad will be a default controller on most games anyway. The "pro" controller will most likely be the most utilized, but even then most hardcore fighting fans buy a arcade like controller for their proffered interface.
Either way, the pad controller isn't going to be a deterrent for a company's development decision. If anything, the hardware will be the deciding factor