• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wipeout HD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Since there is no general thread on this game, I'm creating one.

Now a quick question: does this game support local multiplayer? I was thinking of getting it.

Adiuvo

It does. Up to four players IIRC.

It's quite a good game, though I didn't put as much time as I would have liked in it. Perhaps we should get a few races going if you do buy it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Didn't know Wipeout HD was a console :p

Moved to Game Discussion.

Whooops xD Thanks for the move twelve :p

It does. Up to four players IIRC.

It's quite a good game, though I didn't put as much time as I would have liked in it. Perhaps we should get a few races going if you do buy it.

I am thinking of buying this weekend with any luck... But I can only play online during the weekend :( So I guess that'll have to do :p

Adiuvo

Nice, just be aware I fail hard at racing ;)

I'm pretty sure a few more people on the board have it, so maybe we won't have to join some public game. Half have some strange settings, like no damage.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Maybe we could set up like MfM WipeOut Nights? Every weekend one of us would host a game and all those that can join us on that server, would do so.

twelve

I'm not dead
I've got it but I'm bad at it. Haven't played it for months either.

I don't have the Fury DLC either.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't think I'm getting it WITH the Fury DLC, maybe later..

Hellcat

Contributor
Being a fan of the Wip3out series since 2097 I got Wipeout HD (and later the Fury Addon) on day #1 :D

Money worth spent IMO.
Esp. the Fury DLC is worth it's money as you actually get more like a new game instead of "just some more content".
(quick recap: 13 new ship models, 12 new tracks, sunno how much new music tracks, 3 new gamemodes(!) and tons of small things.)

I really love playing it, which doesn't mean I'm good at it, but still enjoy it bigtime.

Local multiplayer is possible, yeah, splitscreen fun :D
Not sure if I can properly join online games, tried a few online sesseions from here and always got connection failures, might be my internet, hopefully it was only multiple consoles wanting to play over one connection ,dunno, we'd have to try. :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm delaying WipeOut for a week... Burnout Paradise is @ 10€ on the US store

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've wanted this game ever since I got a PS3... This seems like the chance to get it.