• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Won't Turn On, Blinking Light. D:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Yellow Light of death-Hardware failure.
Its can't be fix by yourself from my understanding bet is to send it in to sony.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Yeah... thought so. I've organized a replacement, I just made it in the warranty, so that's good.

Anyone know how to get the game out of the console? Also, how would I get my data back off it?

I would suggest just taking the hardrive out when you send it, since they will format it if you leave it in.(It shouldn't void the warranty)
No clue how to get a game out if the eject button doesn't work.

I would suggest just taking the hardrive out when you send it, since they will format it if you leave it in.(It shouldn't void the warranty)

Do you think it will matter if I take the HDD out? As for the game, they said I can leave a note on which game is in there, and they will send it back. Thanks for the help guys.

twelve

I'm not dead
Taking the HDD out is useless anyway. The first thing it will do when put into a new console is format.

Cryox

Bro.
Taking the HDD out is useless anyway. The first thing it will do when put into a new console is format.

if that is true, that is so dumb of Sony. Why would it auto format? is it a safety feature to prevent cfw and exploits or what?

chrono6456

Yes, the hard drive will format if you try and put it into any other PS3, even if its an identical one to the one you have, and there is no way to get your game out other than opening the PS3 and the disk drive.

Sucks...I know.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Wow, I never knew that. I would have thought it was like 360 were you can put your hard drive on a friends 360, and all of the stuff is there (even though with 360 you can't use most of the stuff)

I guess you will have to find an external 2.5 hard drive enclosure, connect it to you PC and copy the files like that, but I'm not sure if that would work

user friendly

Wow, I never knew that. I would have thought it was like 360 were you can put your hard drive on a friends 360, and all of the stuff is there (even though with 360 you can't use most of the stuff)

I guess you will have to find an external 2.5 hard drive enclosure, connect it to you PC and copy the files like that, but I'm not sure if that would work

Unfortunately it doesn't.

Be careful. My friend had LBP stuck in the drive and he's been waiting three months :/

Crap. I have COD4 in there... :cry:. On the service form here, it leaves a space for stuck discs, so I'm going to remain hopeful. What sucks is my game saves, without them, I lose all trophies, and my MGS4 unlocks...

twelve

I'm not dead
Crap. I have COD4 in there... :cry:. On the service form here, it leaves a space for stuck discs, so I'm going to remain hopeful. What sucks is my game saves, without them, I lose all trophies, and my MGS4 unlocks...
Trophies are on the Sony servers, all you have to do is sync them to get them back.

You will lose your saves though and this is why it's so important to back them up regularly. But I know it's not much use being told that now.

Trophies are on the Sony servers, all you have to do is sync them to get them back.

You will lose your saves though and this is why it's so important to back them up regularly. But I know it's not much use being told that now.

That's good at least. As for the saves, well, I now have an excuse to revisit them all :D. I'll have to remember to backup saves too now. Anyway, thanks again for all the help.