• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[XBOX] Retro i know.

Noriyuke

But im curious if someone can point me out to somewhere that has up to date hacking information for the console, because xbox-scene is a mess. I dont even know where to begin in there.

Can anyone help?

Edit: I feel like an ass, i found the answers i needed to the softmodding thing. So how about a better question, what are the most recommended games for 16 players on the Xbox?

And no, not on live. Lan Games.

Please don't Say Halo 1 & 2, those are obvious methinks. But information to the supposed mods and hacks and maps they have out there would be nice. Im trying to build a big gaming setup to send to my home country, would be appreciated if i get lots of help.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
oh well softmodding
Xbox-Scene is the place to go. i softmodded my xbox about 2 years ago using the splinter cell exploit.

16 player games online? i don't really know of any that are active other than h2.
unreal championship supports 16 people i think

for halo 1 modding get a tool called Halo-cache editior. it's really good. i can't really recomend any good h2 mod's i didn't really like any that i've used over the years

Noriyuke

I was looking at other methods because i dont really want to spend much money on stuf to exploit the boxes but i guess thats the least dangerous method for hacking the xbox. Hot swapping supposedly might break my system.

Another question, any cheap place to get replacement drives for the xbox?

Clint

Clintoris
Another hotswapper here :)
Worked fine, its now running a certain unmentionable media center dashboard... ;)

Noriyuke

Interesting to hear many have hot swapped without problems, i might just try that then, but now myquestion is, i have one fully functional xbox, while i also have another xbox with a totaled DVD drive, im hoping to get that one softmodded as well, but is it really a priority to get a working dvd drive on it? couldnt hot swapping essentially install everything i need? as well as a few games here and there?

And if it doesnt, where could i possibly find a very cheap drive?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
"hot swapping"how the heck do you do this?
I watch few videos, some are with halo2 maps, something about an " paperclip" remove the CD, put an hack CD yada yada etc.
What is the right away to do this, and put homebrew, hacks and other things on xbox?>.>