• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your most anticipated movie(s) of 2009

xploren

Contributor
In talking about Moon in the other movie thread, I went over to Apple trailers and watched a few. You could add these to my list of things to see this year.

Moon looks amazing. I had heard of it before, but I never saw the trailer until today. It reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey in different things, like H.A.L. and the computer in Moon, and how it seems the computer is turning on him. It's definitely on my list now.

I need to see Moon, Public Enemies, District 9, Ponyo, Taking Woodstock, Extract, 9, Where the Wild Things Are, and Sherlock Holmes this year. They all look great.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
GI Joe looks like one of those films I end up paying to see how bad it is, and then enjoy it a hell of a lot more than "good" films, like what happened with Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem and Dragonball Evolution. I love those films, but they suck.

I am sort of expecting this to be on the same level as Dragonball Evolution but at least GI Joe is not butchering a great series. I almost got the same feeling with GI Joe as DBE when I saw a preview for it last night but the action scenes still drive me to watch it. I don't think I will ever watch the Dragonball movie though.

twelve

I'm not dead
That was in the cinema here months back. It's already out on DVD/Bluray. And it's a pretty decent film, worth downloading.

I guess things work both ways then. We still haven't got Up in the cinema yet.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That was in the cinema here months back. It's already out on DVD/Bluray. And it's a pretty decent film, worth downloading.

I guess things work both ways then. We still haven't got Up in the cinema yet.

Sweet, didn't know that. Off to TC I go then.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Gamer, I love the concept just not sure if it will be a good film.

Probably see it sometime soon.. it's already released in cinemas so :)

B

Bizarre

Either The final destination or District 9, I've yet to see any of them but I plan to soon.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Bumping for this year's movies because I stumbled across this remake:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403865/

Directed by the Coen brothers, you know it's gonna be good.

Haven't really been paying attention to many upcoming films, but I do want to see A Social Network at some point, I've only been hearing good things about it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The part that Jeff Bridges is playing was played by an aging John Wayne in the first one, and it was one of his best performances ever. The character is a badass with a badass name; Rooster Cogburn.

Really looking forward to this one.