• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Quotes

Seth

MD Party Room
Share some of the quotes from books,movies,newspapers or just wise/famous people. Here are some of them.

Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
Jim Bishop

I have never seen someone unafraid of the future, not worried about the present and someone who doesn't want to go back to the past and correct their mistakes.
Kazi Shams

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Slasher

Suck It
"Islam is a peaceful religion but they will kill you if you say it is not!"

"A person is smart but people tend to be stupid"

Seth

MD Party Room

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
What do these quotes mean to you Seth? If you can post that and illicit actual discussion points then maybe this thread belongs in Smart Talk..

oh2d

"Hold your ground, hold your ground! ...my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!"
-Aragorn

EvilSeph

Administrator
While it's great everyone is participating in this discussion, I'd personally be interested in why people are so greatly moved to be posting these specific quotes in this thread. Why did you want to share the quotes that you have? What is special about them? What do they mean to you?

Mistakes make us smarter, later.
-Unknown

There is no such thing as failure, only learning lessons.
-Unknown

These two quotes represent the drive that fuels my passions to become the best I can be. Each time I get something wrong, encounter a problem I cannot overcome or find myself ready to give up, I think of these two quotes and they help me realise that I am learning from my mistakes, and not just letting them control and consume me.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Who would have thought I would post a Fight Club quote?

I see the strongest and the smartest men who have ever lived... and these men are pumping gas and waiting tables.
~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

What makes this special to me is that I feel it is describing me, and my future. I think that if I tried, if I really tried, I have some potential to DO something in my life. However I feel that it just isn't going to happen. Why does everyone have to live the same generic life? I feel like I have wasted the first 16 years of my life in school to gain a bunch of certificates, which in return will offer me a desk job punching keys into a computer for 40 years of my life. I have a strong belief that the things I want will never happen. I would like to get into journalism, but it won't happen. I want to go into outer-space and experience zero gravity, but will that ever happen? Fuck no it won't.

I hate the fact that I know I am going to follow the same generic life as everyone else unless I do something about it.