• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So the kill list doesn't annoy anyone else? I can't think of a worse spot to put something like that on a HUD.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
So the kill list doesn't annoy anyone else? I can't think of a worse spot to put something like that on a HUD.

It does seem a bit... off (for lack of a better phrase). I'd have to see the retail version of the game as I have yet to play something other than the beta. But all in all, it's not bad enough to affect my gaming. :bored:

CASHMON3Y

Just played the demo and thought it was great, however the PS3 controller just ruined it for me. The lag is horrible.

Adiuvo

I'm fine with it. You're usually focusing on the center of your screen anyways. It would be nice to control the transparency of it though. It's opaque if you look at the side of the screen quickly, which leads to people getting killed by guys around corners.

Seth

MD Party Room
OK the game on in my mailbox today,I played a little of the story. I loved alot of it but 2 things keep bothering me. First off when I Zoom in it doesnt zoom out after I done shooting like in other fps like r2 or cod4. 2ed when you get shot it doesnt tell you where the damage is from like in other fps it will show you got hit from the left it shows a little blood on the left,in killzone 2 it doesnt show me anything but I got hit and there blood.Also when people are talking,I feel there lips arent in sync.

Adiuvo

Tick the 'hold sniper view' box in the control settings to make it zoom out automatically. It might be named differently, I haven't fiddled with the controls since day one.

Joey

I think this game needs to have more aiming assistance added ala cod. Also the size of the clip you start off with is pathetic.

If you get enough of one of the ribbons, you get a medal that lets you start off with a lot more ammo. Ammo hasn't been a problem since I got that medal.

I think I should reiterate that I do like this game, and I'm pretty good at it (which makes enjoyable for me), it just has a lot of little annoyances holding it back. I'm not trying to bash the game, but when a game is good, the minor annoyances are magnified, and even more infuriating.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM EST ----------

I rarely ever notice it.

Vee

If you get enough of one of the ribbons, you get a medal that lets you start off with a lot more ammo. Ammo hasn't been a problem since I got that medal.
Ah awesome.

The multiplayer does start off quite slowly though, i've been playing for a few hours and i haven't got a single new gun or even unlocked a ribbon/class thing. I'm on Sergent i think, 200points from Sergent 2nd Class.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I rarely ever notice it.

I stare at it all game long. I think I need to just train my brain to not look at it.

Someone should set up a meet-up for this game today. I'll be around for most of the day and night tonight.

Joey

I stare at it all game long. I think I need to just train my brain to not look at it.

Someone should set up a meet-up for this game today. I'll be around for most of the day and night tonight.

I get off work today at 5pm my time... I'm down after that.

Slasher

Suck It
The multiplayer does start off quite slowly though, i've been playing for a few hours and i haven't got a single new gun or even unlocked a ribbon/class thing. I'm on Sergent i think, 200points from Sergent 2nd Class.

So you've been playing for 3 hours and haven't unlocked a thing?
I was picking up tons of ribbons and stuff even within the first 2 hours.

Maybe you should just pick up your KZ2 skills a bit lol

It took me 2 hours to unlock the medic class

Seth

MD Party Room
Tick the 'hold sniper view' box in the control settings to make it zoom out automatically. It might be named differently, I haven't fiddled with the controls since day one.

Omg the game is so much more playable now.Played my first match online today,I had no idea what the fuck I was doing nor what mode I was in.Still kinda fun.