• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

_Syn

Hey be nice now, I can whoop you in COD.

Whatever buddy, compare scores, multiply your gametime to equal mine, and my score will still be more than yours :)

Screw Apple, and their NDA-protected three-point-oh software :cry:

Sullivan

I am having some issue with cydia now, when I install an app, it gives me some error saying this file is already cached or something. So I just ssh'ed into the cache folder and emptied it, booting up now.

Whatever buddy, compare scores, multiply your gametime to equal mine, and my score will still be more than yours :)

Screw Apple, and their NDA-protected three-point-oh software :cry:

Offtopic:
I don't care how long you have been playing, I haven't played for 3 weeks, get on tomorow one on one.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
BeeJive IM is the first major application to successfully stall pirates for any sort of time. Starting yesterday, they created a barrier on their server that puts any pirated version of Beejive into a black screen with the flashing letters of "PC Load Letter". It then takes you to a YouTube video of Office Space. Basically, they're rejecting all pirated versions of the app on their server. We'll see what the crackers can do this time.

Vee

Dagnabit!

My friend just told me that he was getting this and i dismissed it to a faulty .ipa seeing as it isnt happening to me. Though, theres probably been a even newer version released.

BeeJive IM is the first major application to successfully stall pirates for any sort of time. Starting yesterday, they created a barrier on their server that puts any pirated version of Beejive into a black screen with the flashing letters of "PC Load Letter". It then takes you to a YouTube video of Office Space. Basically, they're rejecting all pirated versions of the app on their server. We'll see what the crackers can do this time.

Hahaha, well there goes beejive on my iPhone for a while. :(

_Syn

I use IM+.

I read that the "PC Load Letter" hasn't only been happening to cracked .ipas but rather to everyone who "bought" and bought the app. I want my $15 back :mad:

Im only gonna start "buying" apps 'cause of this shit, I lost $15 when I bought it legitimately.

I just downloaded IM+ also, not as great as BeejiveIM, but still good.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Hahaha, well there goes beejive on my iPhone for a while. :(

Funny thing is, it got patched yesterday.

Now BeeJive made another patch that says you have to register your model number to them so you can use the app. It appears that some legit users even have this problem now. I foresee an endless battle between BeeJive and the pirating community.

I don't think it would be this big of a problem if their app was actually affordable. I mean come on, 16 bucks for an IM app?

Funny thing is, it got patched yesterday.

Now BeeJive made another patch that says you have to register your model number to them so you can use the app. It appears that some legit users even have this problem now. I foresee an endless battle between BeeJive and the pirating community.

I don't think it would be this big of a problem if their app was actually affordable. I mean come on, 16 bucks for an IM app?

It is kind of expensive, but its really good. Idk. I don't see how you can charge for something that's was originally free in its main state (AIM, MSN, etc.)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I don't see how you can charge for an IM service when all of the services are free.

They made an app for it (and it's pretty good, better than any of the other ones on the iPhone) and you have to use their servers. Granted, it should never be THAT much money.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I posted that ages ago...

A guy had two prototype iPhones which he sold on ebay. And they are completely real.

I know. To me, it just seems like something that isn't that the person is claiming it it. I guess I haven't seen enough debug builds of devices to know what one looks like.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I've managed to install Winterboard to my 2G iPod Touch without use of Cydia, so that it shows up in the 'Packages' section of the application, but it's not showing up on the springboard. I've researched this quite a bit and discovered that I needed to set 'Show all Changes' to 'On', which I have now, but still no joy. Suggestions?