• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why do people hate seeing public affection?

Whisper

Logic :(

TacticalPenguin

Yeah, but since I'm always the dateless loser anywhere I go, the shame always falls on me...

Like "What, just because I can't bag some pussy, these two can't have a good time?", and then I give myself 50 lashes in the name of the lord.

I can't believe I'm even having this conversation, I need to put on my cilice, and grab my whip.

If you told those bitches that you had Doug in your avatar, they'd be all over you.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't feel uncomfortable if say people are kissing in front of me, but making out, then sure, that might be a little awkward.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
It only bothers me when people are in the way and then give YOU a dirty glance like you are interrupting something. If you want to suck face in public then so be it, but don't stand in the middle of a busy area then get pissy when people look at you.

JEMdev

public affection annoys the hell out of me, the last thing i want to see are some people i don't know going at it (i mean this lighlty of course)
in a public setting
its just a matter of goddamn respect.
besides, some acts should be private, what you do in your house or car is fine, but i don't care to see you making out while i'm on my way to subway.

have people lost all control?

and honestly i don't mind seeing a simple kiss or something, but when people go all out its a bit much,

i have no respect for such people and look down upon them as inferior.

Slasher

Suck It
Guys, don't forget that this is the Smart Talk section. Every post should have some sort of substance behind it. No more steering this thread offtopic please. Any further OT talk (which violates the Smart Talk rules anyways) will result in a thread ban.

Carry on...

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
I have no problem with public affection. When I'm taken I'm usually guilty of numerous infractions, yet I do have a problem with public over affection. If I begin to see things that I would reserve for the bedroom (or car/kitchen/park at night/basement/you get the point) then it begins to get sticky and I don't want to be there.

dubmonkey

i agree with darth, over affection can be a little much at times... i'd say it depends on the context, too...

for example
1) grabbing boobs at a school playground... not ok
2) grabbing boobs at the pub... ok... maybe...

actually, that's probably not a great example... not sure where i'm going with this one

Joey

i agree with darth, over affection can be a little much at times... i'd say it depends on the context, too...

for example
1) grabbing boobs at a school playground... not ok
2) grabbing boobs at the pub... ok... maybe...

actually, that's probably not a great example... not sure where i'm going with this one

Grabbing boobs at a school playground is especially not OK if you came by yourself.

At the pub, you'll probably just get thrown out.