• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaTiAz

Contributor
Hey there, I just tested it on my psp and i got the following:

- Sometimes the exploit initialates when I press the "memory stick" button in the Photo menu, and sometimes it opens the mem stick and show a tumbnail of "poc.tiff" .

In the first situation, the psp screen goes on black, and the psp turns off afeter ~7 sec.
In the second situation i get to see the loading screen for pictures "psp with arrows around it in the middle of the screen" and then it goes off after ~5 to 7 sec.

I tried over 25 times now, used the files from this site and turned off the avp (wouldnt accept .tiff)

edit: Does the adapter have to be connected? Or the USB cable? guessed it wouldnt matter.
Yeah, the release was messed, I put the wrong h.bin there. It's fixed now, redownload it :) Thanks for pointing it out.

Draco

Never say never...
Nice job MaTiAz :)

Colm

Sony really need to throw in the towel and remove TIFF support.
Now, to parrot... Respect to MaTiAz. Good to see that the PSP scene is still very much alive.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow MaTiAz has alot of reps for one post lol. Anyway this is great news,tho I kind wish it might have been saved for psp 4000.

Wow MaTiAz has alot of reps for one post lol. Anyway this is great news,tho I kind wish it might have been saved for psp 4000.

Saved it for PSP-4000? What happens If Sony made a new psp, this exploit would be useless to it as it would have new security and new functions etc.

MaTiAz

Contributor
Saved it for PSP-4000? What happens If Sony made a new psp, this exploit would be useless to it as it would have new security and new functions etc.

Not to mention that the differences between PSP-4k's and the current-gen PSP's would be quite big to make it hard to get a TIFF exploit as the first way of running code on the new PSP's.

apex

Aaah there we go after 3 times!!

Hello World for PSP firmware 5.03
Running via The Easter Eggsploit. :)

Exploit by MaTiAz

Greets to everyone who deserves it.
You know who you are =

Also hi Sony

And i would like to thank apex especially for his work and effor in this.

If you are having problems trying to get it to work, Restore your PSP settings, and it should work.

Must be some sort of setting conflicting for me before? Tried over 100 times, then I restored settings and got it to work on 2nd try :)

EvilSeph

Administrator
Excellent work MaTiAz! And you were wondering why I took you in under Team tOc? Still don't see it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.