• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien

Yes Davee as alrights to be angry and making this new security against ISO loaders very difficult.He warned us and asked us many times not to ask about but ppl still had the nerve to keep asking.

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole
good job davee and plesse
chillaxxx
have some leamonade or someting get laid lol only jk
chill...chill

DreamShore

The tiff exploit is essentially making use of a commonly occurring form of code weakness known as a buffer overflow. The image essentially hides code which attempts to force all the memory to be used and swap out data stored in memory in such a way to gain a pointer to a location you're typically not permitted access under normal operation.

Thanks... but, well it's not like that...

Buffer overflow is a method that try to overflow stack buffer in order to overwrite return address, which make the current routine returns to code other than its caller. And ends up code supplied with data be run.

I wished I could know what has triggered the exception that shuts down my device :cry:

MaxMouseDLL

[...] Like I keep having to repeat myself to all those filthly pirate, there will be NO ISO LOADER, NO POPS PATCHING infact, I'm so fucking fed up of all the emails begging for ISO's that I'm going to put security in HEN so you can never make an ISO loader with ease.

Trust me, I'm going to make it as difficult as possible to reach 1.

With all due respect, you're going to break one form of security, only to implement another of your own... It's one thing not including features (and I'm with you on that issue), it's quite another to actively block/disable others from implementing them... It isn't in the spirit of homebrew.

Either way, i understand your anger, probably time to just ignore posts of that nature... rather than respond...

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
With all due respect, you're going to break one form of security, only to implement another of your own... It's one thing not including features (and I'm with you on that issue), it's quite another to actively block/disable others from implementing them... It isn't in the spirit of homebrew.

Either way, i understand your anger, probably time to just ignore posts of that nature... rather than respond...
He did ignore all those filthy beggers other than that FINAL one who went totally out of line calling his exploit useless.
In my opinion his anger and reply was totally justified.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

It's completely in the spirit of homebrew. Piracy IS NOT homebrew

Any further discussion of this topic will warrant action from moderators - keep HEN talk out of here and keep it in the respective thread. Also respect Davee's decision and move along

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Thanks... but, well it's not like that...
I was simply trying to bring it down to layman's terms thinking that most people would understand the general term memory. ;)

MaxMouseDLL

Any further discussion of this topic will warrant action from moderators - keep HEN talk out of here and keep it in the respective thread. Also respect Davee's decision and move along

In my opinion overcoming security on the PSP Platform, then implementing your own security (Even if it is aimed at stopping piracy, a worthy cause i might add) is not in the spirit of homebrew at all... homebrew/hardware hacking is about removing restrictions and limits, not adding them.. but... We'll agree to disagree (Before i get banned or whatever... my post is obviously off topic).

I do however, want to make it crystal clear that this, and my previous comment was in no way an attack directed at Davee neither am i being critical of his work, he can do whatever the hell he likes, just voicing my opinion.

* Last post i'll make on the subject :)

DreamShore

In my opinion overcoming security on the PSP Platform, then implementing your own security (Even if it is aimed at stopping piracy, a worthy cause i might add) is not in the spirit of homebrew at all... homebrew/hardware hacking is about removing restrictions and limits, not adding them.. but... We'll agree to disagree (Before i get banned or whatever... my post is obviously off topic).

I do however, want to make it crystal clear that this, and my previous comment was in no way an attack directed at Davee neither am i being critical of his work, he can do whatever the hell he likes, just voicing my opinion.

* Last post i'll make on the subject :)

It's just your spirit. For me, I might make iso loader if I find it interesting, that is, for me, tricky but not too complicat. This is my spirit. But now Davee is working on it, so it should be base on Davee's spirit.

Everyone has his own belief which is not of much reason, and that is what a spirit is. As long as it does no harm, let it be. As long as it is not obviously wrong, no one shall or even can interfere.

--

Well, I want to know are there people never get the hw screen like me...

dudericious

homebrew is the gateway drug to piracy

interesting
it seems to me that this thread could have been closed days ago
just a bunch of people saying ...
"i got it to work"

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Well we tried to have this thread remain a topic to discuss the TIFF exploit and the hello world. however perhaps you are correct and there remains nothing to discuss but the impending release of Davee's hombrew enabler.

At this time I shall direct you all to use our TIFF Exploit - HEN Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.